Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't know where to post this. Maybe somebody can help me. I found a little black lock under my seat. My truck key unlocks it, so I thought ht fell out of the hole for my glove box, but it doesn't have a lock that I can find. I have looked all over the truck for where it fell out and can not find a spot. Will try to put a pic in, so maybe somebody will recognize where it goes. The fit and finish on this truck is starting to really bother me, have to take into the dealer again for the horn. Have had this truck 08 truck to the dealer 5 times for various problems. Don't know what I will do when it rolls past 36k. It just seems to be little things that have went ( seals on transfer case, washer resv., horn, now this lock I can't find). 

Anyway, any ideas?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where is the lock for the center console. I didn't even know that it had one.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No lock there. Ask the dealer when I bring it in for the horn.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
No lock there.
I'm thinking it's not there. because it's.......

I found a little black lock under my seat. My truck key unlocks it... 
But seriously, the keyhold for the center console faces the dash. There should at least be a hole there where the lock should go if it's missing.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My center console doesn't have one that I can see. I have an 2008 if that matters. Is it on the front of the console when the console is down? Mine does not seem to have a spot to lock it. Inside shows no locking mechanism. This crap is driving me crazy. I keep looking to find a spot around the glove box, but nothing there. I'm sure it is right under my nose somewhere, argh . Would put a pic up if i wasnt using my iphone.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the crappy bench seat console.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I have the crappy bench seat console.
I think you mis-typed... you have the awesome bench seat console! I mean really, it is a center console and if your girl is a bit freaky, flip it up and no console in the way!!!! :thumbsup:
EDIT: back on topic - I have no idea where your lock goes!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll try to get a pick on when I get to work.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Dumb-a$$ thread with out a picture!....:ftard:

·
Registered
227 Posts
i think you mis-typed... You have the awesome bench seat console! I mean really, it is a center console and if your girl is a bit freaky, flip it up and no console in the way!!!! :thumbsup:
Edit: Back on topic - i have no idea where your lock goes!!
long live the bench seat!

·
Registered
827 Posts
I miss my bench seat from my old Titan :(

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok. Sorry it took so long to get the pic up. Crazy long day today (probation officer). Now that i'm home i was able to take a pic of the mystery lock. I have some mechanical skills, i was able to put my leveling kit on, remove dash to trace a short, etc...

But for some reason i have not been able to find where this d*** lock came from:ftard: Like i said, probably staring me in the face. It's been to cold to sit outside and really did into it, thought i might see if anyone else has had this problem first. My truck seems to be coming apart.

Anybody else experience this many problems with their Titan? The last truck i had with this many problems was a 68 Chevy and that was just because it was 40 yrs old. The motor has seemed solid, just all the odds and ends falling apart. Thought Jap trucks were known for their quality, i realize that their built in States with parts coming from everywhere.

Anyway , sorry to rant. Just rubs me wrong when i by a truck with 7,000 miles on it and soon after starts all this. It was at a Ford dealership as a trade in, which made me wonder why someone would trade it in so soon.
Still love it, just hate having to take it to the dealer all the d*** time.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
looks like the lock from the side toolbox or the center console with the captain's chairs. But if you have the bench seat you can't possibly have that lock. Maybe it got tossed in there at the factory and nobody noticed.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ya. I don't have the side tool box or the captains chairs?  Its freakin crazy. I think i may need to buy an extended warranty before mine runs out. 

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
if it's not broke...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'll ask dealer when I take it in for the broke horn. It wasn't there before.

On a side note, does anyone suggest the extended warranty? I've never bought one bdfore or needed it, but stuff keeps breakin on this truck. Is it a matter of time before something expensive goes or just little things like this?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts