Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally had some time this weekend to do some extensive detailing of my truck. Two of the products I really liked were both 3M. The first was a bag of Perfect-It detailing cloths (06020), which is a bag of 6- 12"x14" microfiber cloths. Worked beautifully for removing and buffing wax, more so than some other microfiber cloths that I have used. What I liked about these cloths is how quickly they removed the wax, and how well it removed the wax from rubber weather stripping and the inside of gaps.

I also used the 3M Imperial Hand Glaze (39007) for the final finish. It was was very easy to work with with little residue and a high gloss shine. It also did a very nice job on the chrome adding a bit of depth to the shine.

I double washed the truck and then used NuFinish polymer finish. After that, I put on Auto Armor paint sealant, and finally, finished it off with the Imperial Hand Glaze. Finally some RainX for the glass and everything is liquid smooth.

One product that I was not impressed with was Turtle Wax Clear wash, which was supposed to be a spot free detergent that in fact, left some white residue, (like hard water stains) that were a bear to get off the glass.

Pictures in post #5. I am pleased with the results.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Your in Madison. Those items can be picked up from Body Shop Supply on Greenway Cross. I found the cloth to work great for applying RainX as well. I always have a problem with fine streaks when applying RainX with other cloths.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I'll be in Madison this week!

Thanks for the tips on the 3M products. They always work well, too bad you cant buy them at the "BIG STORES"

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh, finally some pictures with a few bug splats. You should be able to see the sheen that I was pleased with.

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
This must be the wisconsin pple thead. Truck looks really nice. I sometimes wish I would have bought a white truck. one of these weekends I am going to have to claybar my truck, the finish feels really rough.
do you recommend any bug remover?
I also heard that rain x will pit your windows, I used it on my last car and it actually had pits all over so I dont use it anymore, just an fyi.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Ok ok I read everything but the most important question . How do your arms feel ? That must have taken 5 or 6 hours .

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thoes are really great pics. Any advise for washing liquid? except don't use Turtle wax
Thanks man. I shot those at Brigham park, on the long way home tonight. I can't say much for washing liquid as I was never fussy about what I bought.

I ran out of my supply of Finish 2001 concentrate, which I didn't mind using. I thought to try the Turtle Wax Ice and see if it was worth the extra money. Maybe someone can chime in on their recommendations for a concentrated car wash?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok ok I read everything but the most important question . How do your arms feel ? That must have taken 5 or 6 hours .
Yeah, I hear you. It took me about 8-9 hours to go over the truck, including the interior. I had a heck of a time on the typing on the keyboard today. Still sore. The longest part was going over every square inch to get those pin point tar spots off.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Glad to hear your healing back up ..

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glad to hear your healing back up ..
Lol, just keeping the shoulders fresh for Musky season, which is just around the corner.

·
Registered
514 Posts
This might seem like a dumb ? but what's a Musky ? Not sure we got those over here .

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I also heard that rain x will pit your windows, I used it on my last car and it actually had pits all over so I dont use it anymore, just an fyi.
I dunno about that. I haven't run into problems using RainX on my last five vehicles. Are you sure it wasn't more environmental?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This might seem like a dumb ? but what's a Musky ? Not sure we got those over here .
Musky- Muskellunge, Pike. Known as the fish of 10,000 casts, not that far off from being true. Check out the photos on my site www.secretlake.net. Still looking for that 50" trophy.

·
Registered
514 Posts
That's a pretty long fish . Well good luck .. Just don't detail your truck untill after the fishing trip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts