Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being that I only recently merged with my Taiwanese manufacturing company to make Seres, I still had a bit to learn about thier past.

For those of you that have liked the quality and style of the Volant Tail lights, I have good news!

Turns out those are my tail lights, except we've made them even better now, and at half the price. (sorry to those who bought them before, we are a new company now with a new product so no refunds on the lower price, you got good lights though, and I will be raising the price sometime, this is just an introductory price as we're new to the market) We've moved production from China to our in house facility in Taiwan (much better quality), and fixed some design flaws (better LED components and sealing compounds). Now I only say this because Volant seems to be out of our lights, and they seem to be a great company with quality products. Even though they never did business with the new company, Seres, I find it rude to undercut the old company's distributor.

I'm also working on making these in clear and smoke, and red smoke at the moment. Also, even though I didn't really ask for it one of the Taiwanese designers made the side LEDs color changing. Would anybody like that? Like I said let me know if there's demand and if there's enough I'll get you the product!

Diego
[email protected]

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
I would be interested in an internally smoked under the red crystal lens. Similar to the sentra se-r spec-v stock taillights.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Do your lights incorporate the in bed/tailgate lights offered on the Titans with the Utili-trac system?

·
Premium Member
74,874 Posts
one more note on the tail lights with clear lenses. I saw recently "black chrome" finish. it's like a regular chrome light bezle on black, and i think they are pretty sharp. with "murdered" becoming a trendy look i'd suggest perhaps offering something like this, i'd be interested in a set for sure.

also, like BB mentioned, adding the utility lights on the sides would be HUGE!

other things to consider would be headlights and possibley 3rd brake light over the cab.

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
Do your lights incorporate the in bed/tailgate lights offered on the Titans with the Utili-trac system?
This is the reason I never jumped at the ones volant was offering. If you could design them with this in mind, I'd be interested.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Exactly why I'm waiting, too...... I use those cargo/tailgate lights too much not to have them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got designers on it right now,

Should have word to you soon. Unfortunately they need one thing (I guess the titan's in Taiwan never ahd that option. And none of the titan's I have available to me have it either)

Call out to Titan's with the utilitrac lights in Denver. If I could have 5 minutes to take your light out and measure out how everything works I'll give you 50% off the first one I make.

Just need your truck for 5 minutes. PM me if you can do it.

Thanks

Diego

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you could, that'd be great.

[email protected]

I'll try to design it based on pictures and measurements, but getting to see one myself would be best. The molds to make these are very expensive as the origional has to be hand carved (out of metal), and has to be thrown out if there is the slightest mistake. If it looks like I can make it based on pictures and measurements I'll do it and we'll have these out there sooner. If not I still need a local donor (5 minutes of your time (two to take out, one to measure, and two to put back)).

Thanks for all your help guys.

Anyone like the idea of having color changing (you can select red, blue, green, etc) LEDs down the side? of the tail light? I still think it's kind of strange, but when I saw it in person, it was actually pretty cool. I'll try to get pictures up soon. That's easy and doesn't cost me much extra to make the lights like that, so I could get those in production right away, and could probably do small numbers too. Let me know, I want to hear from enough of you though before I do it.

Thank you

Diego

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Awesome news... mid yr. 2006, I bought a set of "Volant's" and they came in an unmarked box, worked great, then after a few washes, the left tail showed moisture build up inside... crappy seal job... the moisture "burnt" the chrome reflective surface and looked like crap... I emailed the company that I had bought them from and was told it was over the 30 days, so no return/no refund (well, no more business with them!) I was able to get a replacement set from a buddy who owns his own parts store, and they came in a logo'd box (Volant logo). I checked the difference and the new set had a much better sealant job, and I added a bit of clear silicone around the seals just to make sure it stayed sealed. I have had zero issues with the new set, and the old set got junked... I would be interested in acquiring a new set if you get the cargo light added.
Another interesting thing would be an "under the rail" LED light system for us guys who have covers over the beds, to light it up, since the opened bed cover is blocking the cargo lights from the third tail light. I noticed that the two corners above the tail lights actually have an open space to pass wiring through to the inside of the bed, so I'll see about getting some pics and specs to share in the next few days...

·
Premium Member
74,874 Posts
Seres Automotive said:
If you could, that'd be great.

[email protected]

I'll try to design it based on pictures and measurements, but getting to see one myself would be best. The molds to make these are very expensive as the origional has to be hand carved (out of metal), and has to be thrown out if there is the slightest mistake. If it looks like I can make it based on pictures and measurements I'll do it and we'll have these out there sooner. If not I still need a local donor (5 minutes of your time (two to take out, one to measure, and two to put back)).

Thanks for all your help guys.

Anyone like the idea of having color changing (you can select red, blue, green, etc) LEDs down the side? of the tail light? I still think it's kind of strange, but when I saw it in person, it was actually pretty cool. I'll try to get pictures up soon. That's easy and doesn't cost me much extra to make the lights like that, so I could get those in production right away, and could probably do small numbers too. Let me know, I want to hear from enough of you though before I do it.

Thank you

Diego
did you get a set yet? if not i'll do this tonight after work.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Seres Automotive said:
I've got designers on it right now,

Should have word to you soon. Unfortunately they need one thing (I guess the titan's in Taiwan never ahd that option. And none of the titan's I have available to me have it either)

Call out to Titan's with the utilitrac lights in Denver. If I could have 5 minutes to take your light out and measure out how everything works I'll give you 50% off the first one I make.

Just need your truck for 5 minutes. PM me if you can do it.

Thanks

Diego
Titans aren't sold in Taiwan, so seeing one at all might be the problem! Seems to me all you'd have to do is order a set of stock taillights from Nissan and study them...when would you need to see someones truck? Makes no sense. I have the original Volant LED tails and have had no problems but....I want my bed lights back! That was a HUGE oversight IMHO.

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
P's Titan said:
anyword on this ??
I'm still interested on any word too.....

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
^^^^What they said..... ^^^^^ :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright sorry to leave you guys hanging.

We were prepping for SEMA and then were gone for a bit. Awesome show by the way, my first year there as a manufacturer.

Perhaps as I learn to use this board better I'll post some of the pics of some awesome Titan's there.

Alright, I asked them for it, and I just got my first sample of the clear titan light from Taiwan, I'll post up the pictures soon. If you guys like it we'll go to production. If not, tell me what to change and we'll change it up.

I Finally got a titan here in denver with bedlights, and I swapped the guy some of our lights and sent his off to Taiwan... now we could easily put an indent (i think this was an oversight the first time too (but then we didn't design the first run of them)) for the bedlight so you guys can keep it. But what I'd rather do is build in an LED bed light. Perhaps even give it some angled reflectors so it can light up more of the bed.

Thoughts?

more expensive than an indent, but I kinda figure, why go half way.

I like the idea of having all of our products last longer than the truck and give the truck a lighter load on the electrical system so it will last longer...

Although I'm sure some of you will keep your trucks for the next 20+ years and 1,000,000 miles (and may have to buy another set of lights when they eventually burn out around that time), these Titans are certainly built well enough to last.

it'll be probably 3 months before we start rolling them out. Maybe alot less if we do just the indent. Sorry for how long this takes. We're just getting rolling in this aftermarket business, afraid we still have to keep the bills paid making the OEM products too. (and sorry by contract you can't buy those from me.)

Keep sending product ideas my way. (if research says it'll be a big seller you get the first test part free!)

Still working on LED headlights (you'll want these!)

Thanks for being patient

Diego
Seres Automotive.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Seres Automotive said:
Alright sorry to leave you guys hanging.

We were prepping for SEMA and then were gone for a bit. Awesome show by the way, my first year there as a manufacturer.

Perhaps as I learn to use this board better I'll post some of the pics of some awesome Titan's there.

Alright, I asked them for it, and I just got my first sample of the clear titan light from Taiwan, I'll post up the pictures soon. If you guys like it we'll go to production. If not, tell me what to change and we'll change it up.

I Finally got a titan here in denver with bedlights, and I swapped the guy some of our lights and sent his off to Taiwan... now we could easily put an indent (i think this was an oversight the first time too (but then we didn't design the first run of them)) for the bedlight so you guys can keep it. But what I'd rather do is build in an LED bed light. Perhaps even give it some angled reflectors so it can light up more of the bed.

Thoughts?

more expensive than an indent, but I kinda figure, why go half way.

I like the idea of having all of our products last longer than the truck and give the truck a lighter load on the electrical system so it will last longer...

Although I'm sure some of you will keep your trucks for the next 20+ years and 1,000,000 miles (and may have to buy another set of lights when they eventually burn out around that time), these Titans are certainly built well enough to last.

it'll be probably 3 months before we start rolling them out. Maybe alot less if we do just the indent. Sorry for how long this takes. We're just getting rolling in this aftermarket business, afraid we still have to keep the bills paid making the OEM products too. (and sorry by contract you can't buy those from me.)

Keep sending product ideas my way. (if research says it'll be a big seller you get the first test part free!)

Still working on LED headlights (you'll want these!)

Thanks for being patient

Diego
Seres Automotive.
Post the pics. Im interested. The angled light may not be needed, especially if it add alot of cost. Any idea of introd price?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts