Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some info/ advise.

I have 5100 adjustables right a having a issue with the front passenger side. It's being taken apart twice now and still the same problem somewhere at the top of the strut/bushing. I'm calling Nissan today to see if the issue has been fixed, if not I'm thinking of saying f*uk it and throwing money at it. In the shape of FOX 2.0 coil overs.

Completely swap them out, new shock, new spring, enclosed unit right. You guys think it would solve this issue?

Also with these would be set at 2" and with my rear Bilsteins 5100, I feel I would get a pretty good level.

And lastly upper control arms. I've had no CBC with my set up now, but if I went to the FOX 2.0 do you guys think I would?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Go for the fox coil overs I have had mine since 2013 an have about 90000 miles on them hard miles also. They still perform great never had cbc cept for whoops at high speed ride is a little soft but better an speed bumps dont even feel them. Only had to crank them up a bit after I put on my bumper.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Talk to Honda he has a really nice set of 2.5 foxes that he's selling that don't have many miles on them. Good price too

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turns out the shop that installed my Bilstiens in January didn't put in the OEM washer at the top of the strut. Nissan just picked up on this and is fixing the issue, they'll also take apart the driver side to make sure it's not missing the washer as well.

The mechanic from the shop got let go 2 months ago for having bad habits...I think that might be why I having so many problems now. Not the Bilstein's fault.

I'll be keeping these FOX 2.0 in mind as I'd like to get dirt king LCAs one day and they only work with coil overs.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
If you're planning on DK LCA's I'd second what Galaxy said and go ahead and get Honda's if you have the cash.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
not selling mine anymore, thanks though guys.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
el oh el. no.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Turns out the shop that installed my Bilstiens in January didn't put in the OEM washer at the top of the strut. Nissan just picked up on this and is fixing the issue, they'll also take apart the driver side to make sure it's not missing the washer as well.

The mechanic from the shop got let go 2 months ago for having bad habits...I think that might be why I having so many problems now. Not the Bilstein's fault.

I'll be keeping these FOX 2.0 in mind as I'd like to get dirt king LCAs one day and they only work with coil overs.
Apparently a lot of shops are having is issue idk why but mine have been rebuilt twice and the second time they cranked em down so tight that they overextended the shock how's yours riding now ?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Apparently a lot of shops are having is issue idk why but mine have been rebuilt twice and the second time they cranked em down so tight that they overextended the shock how's yours riding now ?
My local Nissan rebuild both sides and they've been good. Let's hope it stay's this way. If I have any more issues with my Bilstiens I'm getting FOX coil overs, even if I just dropped over 3K on an Alpine system...lol

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I've had the Radflo 2.5, the Fox 2.0, the 5100 on Pro4x coils, and now the Kings. The Radflo's rode the best (with the clunk noise that happened on occasion with them). Next would be the Kings, and they ride great and don't have any noises.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts