Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can someone tell me how to remove the spring from a Fox coilover? I have King springs to replace the CST springs. Here's an old PRG photo for reference, this is what the end result will look like.

I read an old thread on CT by transformer about issues while attempting this from the top. He went on to say Greg mentioned it's easier from the bottom but it ended w/o the explanation.

Edit: I found this: http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/coilovers/Part_2/#ChangingSpringswithShocksMountedonRig

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Go to AutoZone and rent the tool for free to compress the springs. Or you can go to your nearest offroad shop and pay $50+ to swap

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go to AutoZone and rent the tool for free to compress the springs. Or you can go to your nearest offroad shop and pay $50+ to swap
springs are uncompressed, i can turn the spanner nuts by hand. i'm trying to save $50 if it can be done w/ basic tools. thanks tho

·
Registered
563 Posts
If I were to guess from looking at that picture, you would take off the mounting hat and unscrew both spanner nuts and remove the coil through the top.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I believe you have to loosen the lock rings as much as you can. I don't think they come off completely through the top as the pressure fitting doesn't allow them to. Then look at the bottom of the coilover and there should be like a snap ring deal that you can remove if there is no tension from the spring.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe you have to loosen the lock rings as much as you can. I don't think they come off completely through the top as the pressure fitting doesn't allow them to. Then look at the bottom of the coilover and there should be like a snap ring deal that you can remove if there is no tension from the spring.
Thanks man, I'll check out the bottom tonight.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup, the Foxes were very similar to your DRs. There are snap rings holding the bottom part that you remove to get the spring off.

I didn't realize I'd need the spring compressor to put the King spring ON the shock :bangit:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Fox Coilovers with 700# King springs & Total Chaos UCAs

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts