Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably going to be making my CC 4x4 into a No Fear Titan, minus badging. Probably going to go with 6" Pro Comp lift, but I'm curious if anyone here is running Fox Racing coilovers (or any other Fox shock). Just trying to evaluate my options, and I've heard that the Fox shocks are pretty good. Thanks!

Cheers

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Foxes are the sickest on the market but other brands will work better for your application and cost less. Call Greg at PRG.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I think the 2.5" body Radflo coilovers that PRGproducts.com has for lifted Titans are the current best setup, or maybe the new SAWs for lifted. Contact [email protected] for great advice on any Titan suspension needs.

Here's a link that if you scroll down, you will see the Radflo and actually there are still Fox co on the same page. Talk to him and he'll set you up with the best for your application.
http://www.prgproducts.com/titan_shocks.php

Btw, if you get the Radflo's, will it be Eibach or King springs? I've asked a couple of the good peep on the forums why they picked one over the other, and it was always, "I like Red or ... Blue" but never did I hear "Greg advised me the spring rate of the Kings is better for my application", or visa-versa, (maybe the spring rate is the same, but since there's a choice and you're spending over a kilobuck I would want to know if it was me).

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
The SAW with gregs valving is a top notch shock that performs in the dirt whoops and the street.

And galaxy, I here all week, try the veal.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I think the extended Racerunners (SAW) might be better than than the Fox c/o, I just haven't heard excellent reviews from a couple guys with Fox for the Titan, but they're not die hard racers either......it'd be interesting to see a comparison between Racerunner/Fox/Radflo and the Kings, when they come out....

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Cant speak for the Radflo 2.5 but just had Greg install a cst lift with the new SAW and the ride is incredible. Like Kartman said call PRG.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
SDTitan1 said:
I think the extended Racerunners (SAW) might be better than than the Fox c/o, I just haven't heard excellent reviews from a couple guys with Fox for the Titan, but they're not die hard racers either......it'd be interesting to see a comparison between Racerunner/Fox/Radflo and the Kings, when they come out....
Speaking of a comparison Greg told me due to his valving that the SAWs would ride better than the KINGs. The coils on the foxs are suppost to sag pretty bad too.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
1,897 Posts
I still sell the Fox coilovers for the lifted Titans. I will compare them to our new SAW (and Radflo) coilovers that fit the same application.
1,Fox is an emulsion shock, there is no reservoir. The Saw have an internal dividing piston, or internal reservoir, to offer consistant damping and keep the nitrogen from mixing with the oil.
2, valving, the Fox are a generic valving, im not sure if anyone at fox has ever actually riden ina a lifted titan with thier shocks (as I was the first person to ever have a set on a titan) and they were too soft (but still a bit harsh) on compression and needed a bit more extension damping. The SAW and Radflos are tuned specifically for this application by myself.
3, the Fox uses a spring spec'd by CST, its very heay for a 2wd and is very short (13.5" free length) and prone to sag. Thw saw and rf use a 16" long spring and we offer it with 2wd or 4wd specific tensions. Also, the spring is too short to offer much lift without going into coilbind. Another reson we built these coilovers to run the longest spring possible.
4, the upper mounting studs on the Fox tend to break off. Im not sure if they have been updated to use bolts. No matter the studs need to be removed and bolts used in place. The saw and rf use a fabricated hat that uses bolts and nuts for max strenght.
5, Price, the Fox c/o sell for around $1200. The remote res Radflos go for $1249, the internal res sell for $1099, the SAW sell for $999.

I still sell Fox products, we actually race on them. This isnt a bash on Fox at all. But for a lifted titan specific coilover, you have other options.

Firt pic is fox with much better king springs, second pic is remote res radflo w/ king spring, third is internal res radflo w/ eibach spring, 4th is ne SAW w/ red and black spring. Last pic, this is what needs to be done to the Fox to make it kick butt. Itll add about $600 to the price though.

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
PrerunnerGreg said:
Last pic, this is what needs to be done to the Fox to make it kick butt. Itll add about $600 to the price though.
If I add that Reservoir, would I noitce any difference in ride? (street or offroad)?

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
1,897 Posts
Yes, adding the res will change the ride quality of what you have now. Depending on your driving style and how familiar you are with the ride now, the results can be mild to substantial. The damping quality would be quite different in compression, while not to different in rebound. While inside the shock I would do valving changes too, but just adding the res will change the ride. This is not genereally thought of to be the case, but I have done this same mod to many different shocks and the results can be big. The biggest issue is that Fox only sells one length res and its pretty big. You would need to fab mounts for it on the bumper brace, as its too long to just clamp there. Its also about $600 to do ( I have to actually machine the upper hat to clear the res hose). I would suggest swaping coils to, that would add another couple hundred to the price. Its not that these coilovers are bad, as they are a HUGE improvment over stock and for a long time they were the only option availble. Its jsut that now there are other options.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I think I need to start saving some money because I'd like to come see you first to get yer UCA's and then upgrade my coilovers.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
thejosh said:
I think I need to start saving some money because I'd like to come see you first to get yer UCA's and then upgrade my coilovers.
...or add that reservoir

great summary Greg of the different options available...thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts