Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
cwyre75 said:
was in an accident and frame is about to be replaced opposed to fixed, what do yall think?
Replacement is always better than a fix!!

·
Super Moderator
159,619 Posts
Absolutely. I'm surprised that it wasn't a total if they're replacing it though. Quite a bit of labor.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Hi and Welcome to Titan Talk!!! Nice First post!

By the way any time a frame is bent, you lose some, if not all its structual integrity.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was hoping it was totaled so I can get a new truck, but allstate said replace the frame!!!! It has been 5 weeks without my truck and it look like its going to be another 5 weeks to replace frame.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
What else got damaged in the accident? How many miles on the truck? I damaged my front end with no frame or structural damage (fenders, bumper, skid plate, side mirror and so on) and it cost $6,000 including a new wiring harness due to damage to the wires for the airbags in the old harness. Air bags did not deploy. Frame rplacement just does not sound economically feasable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The whole front bumper from the hood on down, the right fender and passenger door, the driver airbag and the seat belts, the engine cover and some sensors. They tore the truck and descovered the frame was bent and decided to replace the frame instead of pulling. I was leaning toward totaling, the truck has 22,000 miles on it. Its a 05 titan.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
cwyre75 said:
The whole front bumper from the hood on down, the right fender and passenger door, the driver airbag and the seat belts, the engine cover and some sensors. They tore the truck and descovered the frame was bent and decided to replace the frame instead of pulling. I was leaning toward totaling, the truck has 22,000 miles on it. Its a 05 titan.
Insurance Company looks at totaling cost vs. Repair cost! Must be cheaper for them to repair it!!

·
Premium Member
92,251 Posts
Pretty sad. It will never be the same again. I'd trade her in when you get it back if you're not upside down on the loan. Hope it works out for you.

·
Super Moderator
159,619 Posts
I dunno. I flipped my first Nissan with only 1200 miles on the odo. It was four weeks old to the day. It was 200 bucks shy of totaled and they wouldn't go ahead and total it. They fixed it. It took them four months. I got it back and drove it for 8 years and about 120k miles with never a problem. Maybe he'll get lucky like that too.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
If they had known from the start that the frame was bent, it would have been totaled. No company would go for that type of expense...it's cheaper to total it out. My guess is that they found the frame was bent well into the repair and the insurance company was already into it for a good chunk of change and they'd lose too much to then total it. Personally, I'd trade that puppy in as soon as I got it back. It can't be the same atfer that.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
If they had known from the start that the frame was bent, it would have been totaled. No company would go for that type of expense...it's cheaper to total it out. My guess is that they found the frame was bent well into the repair and the insurance company was already into it for a good chunk of change and they'd lose too much to then total it. Personally, I'd trade that puppy in as soon as I got it back. It can't be the same atfer that.
+1 on this.

·
Registered
514 Posts
That just seems like alot of labor to change. Suprised the insurance company is willing to pay for that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts