Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My right rear seal went out. My truck has been at the dealership for 5 hours and they dont even have it in the shop yet. THe mechanic had a rear end to fix on anthor titan. They are supposed to fix my seal,cd player, and they are gonna set me an appointment to paint both side of my bed because the paint is bubbling up in spots. GRRR the bad thing is they wont give me a loaner car. Is that ridculous or what. My truck has 26k on it and they wont even give me a loaner.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Service guy is supposed to call me in an hr to let me know how long it will be. If they dont need to order any parts!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just got a call back from the Service guy and they are gonna put me in a loaner. WOoT WooT!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Do you have the extended warranty? If you have the Gold Plus, you should have a loaner if they are fixing anything that is covered by the warranty. I have a good friend who used to be a service manager for them. I had a problem with my back-up sensors. I asked him what the problem could be. He said that if it is going to take a while they should give you a car asap. I will try and exercise that option the first chance I get :) Hopefully they will be me a loaner on the GT-R!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Are they just going to replace the seal?

I just had mine in yesterday for the same problem and they replaced the whole differential, from rotor to rotor. Two and a half hours and I was on my way. I was told it was more cost effective to do it that way.

It amazes me how different dealerships,[Service Departments] opperate. It should be standard procedure for all Dealerships to opperate in the same manner.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes they are putting in a new axle. They would have to send it out to get the seal pressed in. So they are just gonna replace the whole thing.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Slewis said:
My right rear seal went out. My truck has been at the dealership for 5 hours and they dont even have it in the shop yet. THe mechanic had a rear end to fix on anthor titan. They are supposed to fix my seal,cd player, and they are gonna set me an appointment to paint both side of my bed because the paint is bubbling up in spots. GRRR the bad thing is they wont give me a loaner car. Is that ridculous or what. My truck has 26k on it and they wont even give me a loaner.
That's about average for a seal, 25000 miles. You should be good for another 25000.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts