Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need tips on tuning..uprev, or something new i heard of. I am all stock except DIY air box mod and cosmetic stuff. I want to beat him bad, might need sneeky mods like computer tuning. then again maybe dont need any mods at all but just in case. Thanks for all the advice guys...maybe gals too?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
Get the uprev or stillen tune for high octane, then purchase 100% octane from Kemco search online not that cheap stuff from an autoparts store and mix accordingly to instructions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
Honestly I do not own either, I have the Supercharger you will be better served asking someone who owns them and take it from there. I did see a post of someone selling their Stillen plug n play for cheap, said he could'nt find high octane thats where Kemco comes in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,823 Posts
You won't have a chance in hell of beating him with your mods. I just ran a RC stock Tundra 4x2 on Tuesday at the strip. Picture below of the results, the middle slip:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,184 Posts
copy my mods and you'd slaughter that huge catfish turd truck.. imo uprev tune far supercedes the stillen piggyback, the gains from getting wot off the line are atleast .6 gain in the 1/4 mile even on a slightly modded truck.. best mods out there atm imo are stillen headers, 2.5" dynatech cats with new high flow b-pipes, jba exhaust, and jim wolf cams if you really wanna lay the smackdown to his a$$.. just watch this video.. this is with 22" foose wheels that weigh nearly 100lbs each and i still cook them off the line.. this vid shows what a properly tuned truck will do on the street with some jim wolf cams total mods that i have now is just over 5,000 or so but i dont think you'd have to use nitrous to beat a tundra..
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/e7a52fe9-0cb3-49ab-85f9-99a1010ea663.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,400 Posts
sudden urge said:
You won't have a chance in hell of beating him with your mods. I just ran a RC stock Tundra 4x2 on Tuesday at the strip. Picture below of the results, the middle slip:
They'er fast but if it's a stock dc he won't have to worry about any times like that being put down.I think most magazines have around 14.8 and it seems to be the norm for the Tundra.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,108 Posts
Toomnymods said:
copy my mods and you'd slaughter that huge catfish turd truck.. imo uprev tune far supercedes the stillen piggyback, the gains from getting wot off the line are atleast .6 gain in the 1/4 mile even on a slightly modded truck.. best mods out there atm imo are stillen headers, 2.5" dynatech cats with new high flow b-pipes, jba exhaust, and jim wolf cams if you really wanna lay the smackdown to his a$$.. just watch this video.. this is with 22" foose wheels that weigh nearly 100lbs each and i still cook them off the line.. this vid shows what a properly tuned truck will do on the street with some jim wolf cams total mods that i have now is just over 5,000 or so but i dont think you'd have to use nitrous to beat a tundra..
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/e7a52fe9-0cb3-49ab-85f9-99a1010ea663.htm

What's the HP/TQ and 0-60 on a stock Tundra after it "wakes up" after the break-in period...?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,184 Posts
Energizer said:
What's the HP/TQ and 0-60 on a stock Tundra after it "wakes up" after the break-in period...?
look on dragtimes.com they have some there.. think most are high 14's.. so that'd be a 6.5 0-60 i'd imagine.. which is slow as dirt i can get a 5.8 0-60 with my 22's on and probably a 5.2 or lower with drag radials at the track..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,823 Posts
I just used the Wallace racing calculator, and that RC Tundra I ran would have a 0-60 of 5.39 seconds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,278 Posts
I had all the mods in my sig except the JWT cams and headers when I beat the first guy in his DC and I was sporting 4 cats instead of two in preparation for my header install. The second time I ran a Tundra DC I lost and that was with the headers and generic header tune. They are quick for a brick and If you plan on competing with a near stock truck, you won't be, you will just be getting whooped on. Let your buddy have his fun and don't wimp out on him. Take your beating and keep on modding, it's cheaper than a new truck and a lot more fun. The first thing to get is the UpRev tune and as Toomnymods stated it's worth at least .6 in the quarter, I got .8 out of it. good luck and take it like a man, there's always someone faster than you but race like it's the last one anyway.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
Here are the Tundra stats from the April '07 issue of Car & Driver:

0-60 - 6.1
1/4 mile - 14.9

Makes sense to me; the Tundra has a 6sp tranny & abt 50-60 more hp. Not much diff in torque so you'll probably be even to about 40 or so then he will pull you as the extra hp starts to take over.

I've yet to be challenged but don't think for a min I'll back down :hungry:; your avg Joe knows diddy abt racing so it may come down to driver skill. However, even at that the Toy will still creep past you due to the hp advantage.

Race him, have fun & report back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
Energizer said:
for .1L difference, how is the Tundra more powerful? is it modded as stock?
Well it has a 346 CID vs the Titan's 339 so there is the extra 15 ft lbs of torque. The Tundra also has a 4.3 rear axle ratio vs the Titan's 3.4 (Big Tow) tied to a 6sp tranny so that helps motivate too.

One thing the Tundra will never have over the Titan including looks is weight; the Toy weighs in at 200 lbs heavier.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
ya i got walked pretty bad tonight by one....so sad i was mad went home and got the car can somebody say bye bye tundra i hate gettin beat in the truck but the revenge in the car is so sweet
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
359 Posts
oxmach said:
ya i got walked pretty bad tonight by one....so sad i was mad went home and got the car can somebody say bye bye tundra i hate gettin beat in the truck but the revenge in the car is so sweet
Any mods? I pulled away from the fatboy tundra pretty easily in a street race. The Reg cab looks like the real deal though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,278 Posts
Energizer said:
for .1L difference, how is the Tundra more powerful? is it modded as stock?
They have a factory two into one header setup and I'm thinking that they may have done a few more hidden Items to give it that kick in the pants. Time will tell what else they did differently, steeper cams, better head porting, who knows. Better slap some mods on if you wanna keep up though, lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,278 Posts
oxmach said:
ya i got walked pretty bad tonight by one....so sad i was mad went home and got the car can somebody say bye bye tundra i hate gettin beat in the truck but the revenge in the car is so sweet
Join the Mod Squad and we'll make ya faster but it will cost a bit, lol.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top