Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met one of my somewhat old firends I see sometimes and ran into him at an autozone and he has this 05,06 5.3 chevy 1500. with an intake and exhaust. just muffler swap I think. And asked me around how much hp and tq I have but I havent done a dyno so I didnt know so I just told him what I had done to my titan which is a few more things than he has done to his chebby. and he said that he"ll be able to keep up with me or be right behind me and if not beat me soon if we'd race.I just wanted to laugh. and tell him even a stock titan would beat him with his intake and muffler swap he had. By the way he also had 22's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
No Doubt!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,308 Posts
You'll beat him no problem. I've pulled a Chevy Extra Cab with stock rims, with just an exhaust. Im also 4WD, and CC, with I/E. You can beat him. If he has a tune, then thats a little different.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,586 Posts
i had a silverado with an intake/exhaust/ hypertech handhelp(which is worthless btw)/ venom/ pullies/ uhh, forgot whatelse.... I thought that truck was fast, it was faster than the ss silverados when they came out. But it doesnt stand a chance to my titan now. By the time his started pulling (ls motors love to rev!), you would be to far ahead for him to real you in, even if he could. dont go by hp #s

edit, oh ya also a Jet Mass airflow sensor and BBK throttlebody, and eddelbrock headers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know i'll be able to beat him. Just wanted to see yalls thoughts . All he has as his mods is an intake and exhaust he told me and i think just a muffler swap he means by exhaust. And also the 22's he has which would deff make him faster...nott. Even if he did have a programmer i think id be able to beat him. I have an intake,tbs full exhaust and osris tune.and his rims are bigger and heavier:rockon
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
359 Posts
Dom249 said:
I know i'll be able to beat him. Just wanted to see yalls thoughts . All he has as his mods is an intake and exhaust he told me and i think just a muffler swap he means by exhaust. And also the 22's he has which would deff make him faster...nott. Even if he did have a programmer i think id be able to beat him. I have an intake,tbs full exhaust and osris tune.and his rims are bigger and heavier:rockon
All you had to do was say osiris ;) you got him unless he is hiding a ton of mods :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,690 Posts
Bet some money on it and get the video camera:gunz:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,278 Posts
Friendship is far more important than a race. With that said, put a whoopin' on him cause he's askin' for it but be gracious in victory when it's over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Warp09 said:
Check under his hood first though.
yes def check under his hood, hell probably have a CAI and a couple other goodies under there, you should still take him though
be careful though, that doesnt always work... as you can see i have nothing :rolleyes:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
Run him. Don't worry about what he has under the hood. It's no fun when you can pick your race. I've smoked a few on a couple occassions even with my heavy 22s. Before my Titan, I owned a Chevy 5.3 so I also talk to you as a previous owner of one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah even when i whoop him were still gonna be cool.. Whats the chances and he has a chip or something hes not telling me? how yall think it would be?Ill have my friend in the passanger seat so we can video how far back he stays
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,278 Posts
Dom249 said:
Yeah even when i whoop him were still gonna be cool.. Whats the chances and he has a chip or something hes not telling me? how yall think it would be?Ill have my friend in the passanger seat so we can video how far back he stays
Just race him but you can always be surprised. There was a small engine previous generation Tundra at my track and we got to talking and he said he wanted to race. I didn't want to insult him because he was cool and we were getting along pretty good so I told him I would race him. I thought I would beat him badly because all he had was an aftermarket filter in the stock box and exhaust and I was only racing him because he wanted to. We left the line and I immediately began to pull on him badly and by half track was several truck lengths ahead. Much to my surprise, at two thirds track he was pulling back and crossed the stripe just ahead of me by about a tenth. We got back to the staging lanes and I was laughing out loud and he had a big grin on his face and I asked where it was. He showed me his NOS system spraying directly into the stock box from it's hidden location in the fender well. You never know who's got what until you line em up, lol.
:haveredfl
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
978 Posts
Papa_D said:
Just race him but you can always be surprised. There was a small engine previous generation Tundra at my track and we got to talking and he said he wanted to race. I didn't want to insult him because he was cool and we were getting along pretty good so I told him I would race him. I thought I would beat him badly because all he had was an aftermarket filter in the stock box and exhaust and I was only racing him because he wanted to. We left the line and I immediately began to pull on him badly and by half track was several truck lengths ahead. Much to my surprise, at two thirds track he was pulling back and crossed the stripe just ahead of me by about a tenth. We got back to the staging lanes and I was laughing out loud and he had a big grin on his face and I asked where it was. He showed me his NOS system spraying directly into the stock box from it's hidden location in the fender well. You never know who's got what until you line em up, lol.
:haveredfl
good story! good advice!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah nice story.Ill let yall know whenever we end up lining up
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
359 Posts
Dom249 said:
Yeah nice story.Ill let yall know whenever we end up lining up
Unless he has nos or supercharded you should have a problem... even with superchips they don't come close to an uprev tune titan. I beat one by 2.5-3+ lenghts in an 1/8th mile race when we had equal mods.
 
1 - 20 of 133 Posts
Top