Nissan Titan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not hear to start trouble.....just thought some of you would like to see a 03 hemi slt loaded longbed run 13s with only $200 bucks in mods with no juice or headers and on stock tires and wheels....3 months ago i ran 14.02 at 95 mph in the 1/4 mile and 8.87 at 77 mph in the 1/8 mile over the winter i did some free mods that should put me in the 13s no juice if you can make it to the track on march 13th sat its a test and tune any body can run the track is cecil county dragway in cecil county maryland... racing starts at 9am...also there will be a 4x4 hemi running in the 14s with just a couple mods .....reality starts at the track not in some magazine... please let me know if you can make it

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i only said that because some people think they only run high 15s to low 16s and mine is ready to go in the 13s with only $200 bucks in mods....if you dont know how to drive the truck then you will be slow the hemi motor has more power then people think

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
You might get a better response by calling 1-800-who-cares!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Lets hope this conversation goes the right direction...

Let me start this with I am not a racer, just don't want to see this thread go down the same old bashing road. How about you tell us what your truck did stock and what your 200 bucks in mods is and what made the biggest difference for you.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
hemi777 said:
derwud...i guess you didnt buy your truck for performance
Yes I did, but not to worry about what I run vs. what you run.

By the way, I did buy my 1991 Dodge Dakota for performance, after the third trans and third diff overhaul. I had enough and have been a HAPPY Nissan truck driver ever since!

Now as for the performance of your truck, I'm happy to hear it, please go out and enjoy it.

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ti-tan......i will keep this in the right direction........i just want people to see for them selves that i can run 13s with only $200 bucks in mods thats why i would like for some people to come to the track and see me run my truck so there is noone saying b/s on my truck times and mods......my mods are flowmaster 40 muffler homemade intake with true cold air k&n filter... tmr mod..spring clamps i removed the spare tire and the swaybar for better traction .....the TMR mod is pulling a wire that disables tork management its worth 4 tenths in the 1/4 mile on a hemi truck and its free

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Hemi-777,

Ok, I see your bent on 'protecting' the image of the Hemi in the 1/4 mile and thats fine but you need to realize a few things here.

1. All the test done by magazines were done with STOCK vehicles and no mods.

2. The mods you have made apply to making the Hemi quicker. Give those in the Nissan arena time to figure out 'what works' for a Nissan and then maybe you can compare a modded truck to a modded truck.

3. Lastly, and probably more importantly. Most people on this board are 30'ish in age and will never take thier truck to a track as that was not what it was bought for. It was bought for looks, a mighty fine engine and tranny, Nissans reliability history and towing capacity. Yes, this truck does kinda retro some of us back to high school and using a lil foot to take off at a light. But the majority are not 'street racers' and actually don't care for these 'kids' out there causing problems on the road.

Chris

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
california titan.......im not some young kid im 38 years old... if you ever been to the track you would see that all ages race not just kids like you think......also my truck is lightly moded with less then $200 bucks in mods

·
Registered
174 Posts
hemi777 said:
california titan.......im not some young kid im 38 years old... if you ever been to the track you would see that all ages race not just kids like you think......also my truck is lightly moded with less then $200 bucks in mods
I have a Trans Am that would walk 99% of the Mustangs on the road! I do not go posting on ford forums saying stupid crap like this! What was the point of posting this on a Nissan Titan Forum....

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Hemi,

"3. Lastly, and probably more importantly. Most people on this board are 30'ish in age and will never take thier truck to a track as that was not what it was bought for. It was bought for looks, a mighty fine engine and tranny, Nissans reliability history and towing capacity. Yes, this truck does kinda retro some of us back to high school and using a lil foot to take off at a light. But the majority are not 'street racers' and actually don't care for these 'kids' out there causing problems on the road."

Nowhere in here did I say you were a kid. If you re-read the above you will see I said that Most of us will never take the truck to a strip and that most don't condone street racing (of which most out there doing this stuff ARE kids).

As far as age differences at a track...ummmmm yeah. As a matter of fact, my father-in-law is a pretty close friend of Ron Capps and does some internet work for him with avatars etc. Yes, you will see all ages at the track with me included at points (Personally used to race a short oval with a 68 Camaro). Taking your fun to the track is commendable and I applaud you for that.

LS1 made an excellent point with his post. If you wanted to come here with a 'friendly' invite. Then fine. Make it a friendly invite. But I have noticed that your only post on this board is this thread AND that you have a need to reply to every single post.

Heck, initially in your post is this" reality starts at the track not in some magazine" . Ummm the magazine test was a REALITY in the fact it was stock truck VS stock truck and the numbers don't lie.

Additional reality is that until someone mods a Titan and takes it to the track and faces off with a Hemi with like mods, the true measure of either truck will not happen till then.

Chris

·
Registered
514 Posts
hemi777,

Just do yourself a favor and buy a Titan. :) The fact that you'd come here and post stuff like this shows a certain amount of "Titan Envy".

I mean this in the nicest way... honest. It's nice to see owners of the big three admiting the Titan is a big threat. Makes me feel even better about my purchase.

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ls1powered.....my point is to get some members to the track so they can see for there own eyes that my times and mods are not b/s....thats all....i see you have a ls1 i have a 2001 trans am ws6 ramair 6spd loaded mint cond with a few mods not alot but it does run in the 12s

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bvstone1.......why would i spend more money and get less power... my truck is loaded and only cost me $19,100 brand new i have over 12k miles on my truck and its never been back to the dealer for work ....i also posted this in the ford and chevy sites so they can come see it run so they wont call b/s when i run my truck

·
Registered
514 Posts
Oh geesh.. let me know when you're done with your p*ssin contest. I could tell you why you chose to buy your truck, but I would be so right that you'd deny it. LOL...

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Ummmm also, what about this mod?

hemi 777
V8 Magnum Member

2/7 4:30p
i realy think the cat mod will get me in the 13s......its been 13 days and over 650 miles and the lite has not come on

hemi 777
V8 Magnum Member

2/7 5:01p
cr25ovet......yes it works and no lite if you put the 02 sensor in a coke bottle so it reads clean air.....so far i have over 650 miles and 13 days on the cat mod and the lite has never come on....also put a plug in the 02 sensor so you dont have a exhaust leak this is the mod thats going to put my truck in the 13s when the track opens

hemi 777
V8 Magnum Member

2/11 9:17a
hemiON20s.....its been 17 days and over 800 miles and the lite has not come on if you do the cat mod just put the rear 02 sensor in a 16-20 ounce coke bottle and reset the comp then drive your truck hard for 2-3 so the comp will reset then you will see the extra power

Funny you don't mention the 'CAT' mod on this board either. A 'COKE' bottle?!?! I don't know about DE but in CA messing with a CAT is breaking the law for street use.

Chris

·
Registered
134 Posts
How many bucks?

Hemi, you should really tell us how much your mods cost you. I don't think you've told us yet :huh:

BTW, well-said California

·
Registered
622 Posts
here we go..

yesss, just the thread i have been waiting for... i must be off to work now but rest assured i will be back later to get involved

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.