Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So guys sold the bdgt to another member tonight. So right now Im without any tune. My UpRev should be here next week. I'm so excited. So since it's used UpRev said I'll get one free tune and one etune. So what's the difference. I live to far from an UpRev rep do I have to have them install it? I'm pretty technical. Also what two tunes would you recommend. I love performance and right now have a Brute Force CAI and exhaust. After this shutdown I'm planning on some LTs and custom bezel upgrade. So help me out gents please!!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
No they do not have to install it, you will install Uprev (Osiris+Cipher) onto your laptop go to Uprev.com to load these programs. You should receive a cable that connects to your OBDII port, the other end will connect to your laptop. Uprev will then email you a Base Tune (based on the mods you have now). You will then save this base tune to your desk top or file that you can locate easily. Open up Osiris, once it is open you will see a browse option to load a file at the top of the page, locate and load the base tune. Just fallow the steps it will have you turn on and off your ignition during this process. After you have about a 100 miles of drive time with this tune you can start data logging for your e-tune which will fine tweak your AFR ratio for best power.

Reactions: tsunamilogan05

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No they do not have to install it, you will install Uprev (Osiris+Cipher) onto your laptop go to Uprev.com to load these programs. You should receive a cable that connects to your OBDII port, the other end will connect to your laptop. Uprev will then email you a Base Tune (based on the mods you have now). You will then save this base tune to your desk top or file that you can locate easily. Open up Osiris, once it is open you will see a browse option to load a file at the top of the page, locate and load the base tune. Just fallow the steps it will have you turn on and off your ignition during this process. After you have about a 100 miles of drive time with this tune you can start data logging for your e-tune which will fine tweak your AFR ratio for best power.
Cool and thanks for answering. Now does it advance my timing up to 4 and change my throttle sensitivity? I liked that about the bdgt. For some reason I could always run 87+4 and not have any knocking or pinging.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Congrats on the upgrade! 1blktitan did a nice job of giving you the cliff notes version. I'd suggest going to UpRev's site and downloading the user manual. It'll tell you everything you need to know and more. As far as choosing maps, you've got several options...

Some popular 5 map set-ups include:

M-1 Stock
M-2 Valet
M-3 89 octane, Towing or Fuel Economy tune
M-4 93 octane Performance tune
M-5 93 Track tune or Hot tune

I just listed the octane ratings available in FL. Others will vary based on geographical location...

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on the upgrade! 1blktitan did a nice job of giving you the cliff notes version. I'd suggest going to UpRev's site and downloading the user manual. It'll tell you everything you need to know and more. As far as choosing maps, you've got several options...

Some popular 5 map set-ups include:

M-1 Stock
M-2 Valet
M-3 89 octane, Towing or Fuel Economy tune
M-4 93 octane Performance tune
M-5 93 Track tune or Hot tune

I just listed the octane ratings available in FL. Others will vary based on geographical location...
Thanks man! I'm looking forward to it! I bought it used from williamseng1 so I'm pretty excited about getting it. I'll download it tomorrow and read it from front to back. I've read they do give two free tunes so. I didnt know they based it geographical either. I guess I'll have to find out. I'm in Ga.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I think that you can only do +2 degrees of timing advance with Cipher, but the tuners at Uprev are going to look at all that info when building your custom tune. I think they are able to advance it to whatever. Some people have there timing in the low 30's high 20's mine is in the mid to high 20's WOT. You will begin to learn ad appreciate Uprev the more you data log. It lets you see real time values and records tons of info so you can see how your trucks running.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think that you can only do +2 degrees of timing advance with Cipher, but the tuners at Uprev are going to look at all that info when building your custom tune. I think they are able to advance it to whatever. Some people have there timing in the low 30's high 20's mine is in the mid to high 20's WOT. You will begin to learn ad appreciate Uprev the more you data log. It lets you see real time values and records tons of info so you can see how your trucks running.
Alright cool. I think it's Osiris, or that's what I was told.

·
Registered
924 Posts
YOu will get the cable and you can download the Cipher and Osiris software from the Uprev site. Then you will email jarred your VIN number to see if he has a base tune for it, once you get your base tune, you will run it your truck for about 200 miles, then do some logging, you will then send those logs to Uprev, and they build a custom tune with different maps for your vehicle. You will get a series of instructions from them. Good luck and welcome to the Uprev crowd.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts