Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had one of my speakers go out and I decided to replace both of the front speakers, I've looked over several forums and youtube videos on how to remove the door panel and such but nothing on how to replace the speaker. Is there any certain hardware I need? What are the best speakers to replace with?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I replaced all the door speakers last Winter with some I chose from crutchfield.com. They may be a little more expensive than some other resellers, but their installation directions are good, so it's worth it for me.

I went with these 6x9 in the front: crutchfield.com/p_2064CS6934/Kicker-40CS6934.html?tp=105&avf=Y and these 6 1/2" in the rear door: crutchfield.com/p_2064CS654/Kicker-40CS654.html?tp=105&avf=Y. I didn't replace the door or dash tweeters, and I'm happy with my choice to leave those be. :)

As far as figment goes, I definitely recall one of the two sets not quite going in as easy as I might like. I believe it was the rears, and the issue was that the mounting holes didn't line up between the door and speakers. I just used some self-tapping screws and it was fine.

Also, if memory serves, even though they were from crutchfield, I still think I had to clip off the existing speaker harness and splice the wires.. Overall, it took me a few hours (2-3 iirc), mostly because I always go slowly with door trim.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts