Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have a front camera, is it on the emblem or hidden in the grille? I am looking to get my hands on one for a project, and am wondering if the wires are already run for one even though I do not have one on my truck (kind of like what they did for the fog lights).

·
Registered
222 Posts
For those of you that have a front camera, is it on the emblem or hidden in the grille? I am looking to get my hands on one for a project, and am wondering if the wires are already run for one even though I do not have one on my truck (kind of like what they did for the fog lights).
The camera is the front emblem directly underneath the Nissan portion.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just had my grill off on mine pro-4x the harness was clipped directly behind the emblem on the shutter assembly. The harness comes from underneath. (This is the end of harness does not continue) 3 or 4 wires I believe. Harness is attached to the the lower cross beam. Continuing over towards the drivers side.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I just had my grill off on mine pro-4x the harness was clipped directly behind the emblem on the shutter assembly. The harness comes from underneath. (This is the end of harness does not continue) 3 or 4 wires I believe. Harness is attached to the the lower cross beam. Continuing over towards the drivers side.
Are you referring to the capped plug below the hood latch? If you are that’s for the remote start safety interlock.

Clint

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi , I'm not referring to that plug. Your in the area. 8" down and 3" forward from the latch.I wish I could take a pic from underneath. But my truck has the aluminum shield that's annoying to take off and on. If you can take the grill and shutter off it will be just under.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Reviving an old thread here. Has anyone added the front camera to their truck? It appears that the camera is in the emblem and their are wires running from it, but I haven't looked beyond that. I have an aftermarket stereo that only has one video input so I think I'll add a video selector and a rocker switch to turn on the front camera? Anyone have any experience with this project?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am actually changing my grill out this weekend and will be swapping out the camera on the new grill. I will post pictures when I’m done.

side note: o will be selling my new stock chrome grill afterwards if anyone is interested

1 - 9 of 9 Posts