Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed mine out today. I filled it until it ran out the filler hole. Is this too much? I read where some people had some oil blow out the vent line, I want to avoid that.

Thanx.

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Typically, you fill to just below the fill hole.

I have heard of several people doing it the way you did though. I guess they don't like having to keep constantly shoving their finger in the hole to see if its had enough.

I'm pretty sure there is joke in there somewhere.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
bengym said:
I changed mine out today. I filled it until it ran out the filler hole. Is this too much? I read where some people had some oil blow out the vent line, I want to avoid that.

Thanx.
I fill mine up until it runs out -- no problems

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for your quick response guys, I forgot to add the fluid looked pretty good, magnets were fairly clean. very easy job. Next project will be the transferr case. Any suggestions? Fluid etc.

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Never done the Transfer Case...

I forgot which type of ATF it uses...a quick search should yield the answer.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
bengym said:
Thanx for your quick response guys, I forgot to add the fluid looked pretty good, magnets were fairly clean. very easy job. Next project will be the transferr case. Any suggestions? Fluid etc.
never did the 'case - doesn't Nissan have it's own special fluid like the trans fluid?? I would have to research :crying: :jester:

·
Registered
356 Posts
I just did my transfer case at 52,500 miles, there was a lot of metal on the magnet, and the oil analysis showed high levels of silicon and iron. It calls for Nissan Matic M, which is Dexron III, or equivalent. Pretty easy change with a hand pump.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I filled mine untill it ran out and then it existed via the overflow line all over my engine bay (cleaned it up when I installed my intake) Talekd to mechanic he told me to fill it ONLY untill I can feel it with my finger in the hole. Maybe it was cold when I changed it and when it heated up it expanded, I'm not sure, but I also had the front of the truck up on block to get under there easier so that is probably what really contributed to it coming out my overflow. At least now I know it is filled all the way up haha.

I used Mobile 1 synthetic for the transfer case.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i replaced my front diff fluid a few days ago, my truck is pretty new only 1200mi. when i did it. (i wanted to put synthetic in it, i've read the front has reg. oil. and also check the level, i've heard titan have been sent from the factory with low oil level.) anyway the oil that came out was very dark, like a metallic grey. the magnet did not have any metal on it (as opposed to the rear diff which had a quarter inch of fine metal filings on the mag., but probably just from break-in. oh and the rear diff. fluid was pretty clear.) so i wanted to know if you all thought that was normal. could it be dust from the aluminum casing? is the factory oil fortified with moly or something? i just expected it to look clear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts