Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big leak to the left side of Front Diff., I thought it was a seal on the axle. Took my truck to Dealer, they said it needed a new Front Diff. ($2100.00) I am not a mechanic by no means, But does this sound right? Is there a upgraded Front Diff, or is this going to happen again? 2004 Titan. Any guidance would be appreciated Tx:confused:

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
If we are talking about the half shaft pulling out, yes, they upgraded the diff, so it is less likely it will happen again. They also put additional ribbing on the diff housing, so that it is less likely to crack.

$2100 sounds expensive, unless they are also replacing both cv shafts.

You buy the diff for around $1200 online and replace it in 2 hours. example: www.mynissanparts.com Select a 2004 Titan and search for "carrier"

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...erience-diy-ing-front-differential-titan.html

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
That price is about right for the diff and labor... Whether they rebuild it or put a new one in, the cost is about the same due to the booked labor hours... Mine was rebuilt twice under warranty, if it goes out again after warranty, I'm going to just buy a new one and change it out myself to get a better bang for the buck..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts