Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Titan SV
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY wife and I purchased a 2017 SV back in March. One thing I noticed after a few days was that when I closed the driver's door, the mirror would shake a bit and it sounded a little hollow. All the other doors close with a good heavy thud. At first I though that maybe the seal around the door was off. But if you knock on the outside of the door,about the same level as the handle, it again sounds hollow. All the other doors again have a nice thud to the sound. It doesn't seem to affect road noise but I find myself closing that door gently to avoid the mirror shake.

Does anyone know what type of insulation is in the door, particularly level with the handle?

I am posting here since it deals with the body, specifically the door. If it should be someplace else please let me know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Mike. I also have noticed the same hollow sounding issue on my 17 Platinum Reserve driver's door as well. It sounds like the early trucks back from the 60s and 70s. I have an appointment at the dealer for the climate control issue and shifting concerns so I'm going to ask about that as well. It's is like it is missing the sound deadening material on the inner skin. We shall see what they have to say.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts