Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to drive my Titan from Portland, OR up to Skagway, AK through the Yukon. Has anyone seen a Front-end bra yet any where on the internet?

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
SMB said:
I am getting ready to drive my Titan from Portland, OR up to Skagway, AK through the Yukon. Has anyone seen a Front-end bra yet any where on the internet?
Check out this site:

X-Pel

·
Registered
99 Posts
Doghouse said:
My wife has
www.invinca-shield.com

it works great, and my neighbor had it on his last car for 5 years and it did not crack, craze, chip or flake at all.
Has anyone used this on their Titan? How much did it cost? Did you install it yourself? I'm looking to get something like this for mine. My wife's Maxima looks like someone took a shotgun to it with all the paint chips on her hood.

·
Registered
470 Posts
The Xpel stuff is great but you had better know what you are doing and have a lot of patience to do the application. I spoke with several body shops and they won't touch it. Says it is incredibly difficult to install, with the hood taking several hours.
One guy told me it took one of his best guys two hours to do a set of mirrors.

Once its on it wears like iron and is a great product.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I use a professional installer to do this work. They take all the responsibility if they screw up. It took them 3 hours to do the Maxima 04. I would NOT DO THIS YOURSELF!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I am having a local dealer put on a new 20mm thick version Friday. The 6mm version didn't hold well on the headlights. I will try to get some good pictures before, during and after installation.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Im Having The Clear Bra Installed Today....i Am A True Believer Of This Stuff. Ive Had It On My Wifes G35 And She Drives I95 Everyday.not One Stone Chip Or Mark Yet. Bugs Just Wash Right Off. You Can Wax Right Over It Too. But It Is Expensive.and I Wouldnt Try Putting It On Myself After Watching Them Do It.

·
Registered
99 Posts
giddyup said:
Im Having The Clear Bra Installed Today....i Am A True Believer Of This Stuff. Ive Had It On My Wifes G35 And She Drives I95 Everyday.not One Stone Chip Or Mark Yet. Bugs Just Wash Right Off. You Can Wax Right Over It Too. But It Is Expensive.and I Wouldnt Try Putting It On Myself After Watching Them Do It.
Giddyup,
How much is it costing you to install? What parts are you having done (ie the hood, bumper, mirrors, etc.)? I want to get it done and I'm just getting a feel for the price. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Probably not yet. Give the people at www.carbras.com a shout. If they don't have one, they probably will go out and "borrow" a Titan to get the measurements to make one. I personally don't want to cover up that great chrome on the front.

·
Registered
614 Posts
As much as the clear bras cost couldn't you have your hood repainted a couple of times in the life of your ownership?
The vinyl bra's cause more damage than they protect against....At least the one my wife had on her 240sx did. It will catch dirt under it (even if you take it off at the end of every trip there likely will be a grain or two of sand or something get under it) and will scuff the paint, this I can gaurantee if you drive more than a few miles on the interstate. If you decide to get rid of it in a couple of years you'll see how much the sun faded the uncovered paint (to be honest though I doubt the 240 ever got more than one waxing in the 5 years she owned it though)

If the clear bras were cheaper I would probably go for it but I think the hood deflector will catch a large portion on the sandblasting, granted the corners of the hood will likely catch some eventually. Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had the one by TaylorTape ...

I had the clear bra by TaylorTape (all I know about them is the distributor here in the DFW area is the same folks that deal DirectEd) on my 350Z. It cost about $700 - applied by a tint shop.

I took the Titan in to get an estimate last week and was told $225 - applied -to the very front of the hood only. I didn't price out an entire bra as I only intend to cover that one part - as soon as I get all the rock chips fixed.

The Z bra was composed of far more pieces than what I'm planning for the areas on my Titan I see getting abused. You might was to check with some local tint shops in your area or ask your dealership where you might get a clear bra.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'm more worried about the two painted plastic sections on either side of the bumper. The bugs and road debris will eventually take their toll. I have a bug deflector to protect the hood.

·
Registered
5 Posts
llajumpvid said:
As much as the clear bras cost couldn't you have your hood repainted a couple of times in the life of your ownership?
The vinyl bra's cause more damage than they protect against....At least the one my wife had on her 240sx did. It will catch dirt under it (even if you take it off at the end of every trip there likely will be a grain or two of sand or something get under it) and will scuff the paint, this I can gaurantee if you drive more than a few miles on the interstate. If you decide to get rid of it in a couple of years you'll see how much the sun faded the uncovered paint (to be honest though I doubt the 240 ever got more than one waxing in the 5 years she owned it though)

If the clear bras were cheaper I would probably go for it but I think the hood deflector will catch a large portion on the sandblasting, granted the corners of the hood will likely catch some eventually. Just my 2 cents...
Depending on where you go and what package you get for the clear bra it can be expensive if you dont do your homework. A Piece for the hood can be had for $130 while the larger kits can be around $225 and up depending on whether or not the center bumper and/or grille is chrome or not.

I did this one yesterday for $400.

Anyone have any questions about the clear bra let me know. More than happy to help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts