Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Need Some Help I Installed A 6 Inch Procomp Lift With Radflos 2.5 Coil O I Am Getting A Clunk Noise In The Front When I Hit Bumps I Have Done Some Things To Try To Fix The Problom But Cant Get It Right .
1 Removed The Sway Bar
2 Replaced Coilovers
3 Tightened Lift Bolt Like 100 Times
4 Tightend Calipers
5 Welded Lift Where Could
6 Tightend Lug Nuts
7 Tihgted Body Bolts
Its A Noise Like On My Tires (clunk) Was Going To Put A Bigger Bolt On The Coilover On The Bottom Hole Might Have Some Play Couse When I Replaced Coilover The Noise Stoped For About Three Days Aprreciate Any Input

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you replace the front shocks or did you keep the originals what lift do you have

·
Registered
91 Posts
i had a little clunk noise coming from the rear and i also have one in the front which i believe is the sway bar hitting my spindle on turns so it makes the noise, but my rear... on the titans the rotors arent bolted to anything, theyre free standing rotors with just the brakes and tires holding them in, i didnt check and see if the front is like that but since the rotors are freestanding in the rear whenever theres enough force over bumps the rotors will shift kinda and make a noise, but since thats how its designed it wont cause any problems that me or the mechanics at my work can think of, just turn the radio up louder.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My truck's brand new and I get a clunk in the right front and a bang in the right rear that I can feel through the floor board on slow turns/quick bump/drop offs at slow speeds. Like backing out of driveway, or hitting a little pothole in the road on a side street. It sounds awful when it happens, anyway I'm seeing the service guy Friday to have them fix the side decal between front/rear doors and I'm going to ask him about the suspension on it.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
cpd315 said:
My truck's brand new and I get a clunk in the right front and a bang in the right rear that I can feel through the floor board on slow turns/quick bump/drop offs at slow speeds. Like backing out of driveway, or hitting a little pothole in the road on a side street. It sounds awful when it happens, anyway I'm seeing the service guy Friday to have them fix the side decal between front/rear doors and I'm going to ask him about the suspension on it.
If you have utilitrac, then the bank at the back could be the cover sliding back and forth. It makes a huge bang!

As for the front, I have the clunk in the front after I installed the PRG Leveling Kit.

I think it's play at the top where the shock is set into the top pillar. I haven't bothered with it as I plan on installing the Donohue Coilovers and Bilstein rear shocks in a few months...

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have the same noise in my Truck with or without the leveling kit. It's just a clunk noise that you can hear and feel at low speeds on tiny bumps. No, it isn't topping or bottoming out as suggested by others in here...

Has anybody investigated possible wheel bearing slack? The noise is like something slightly loose in the suspension... just a light clunk clunk sound that shouldn't be there in a 4000 Mile new truck. It does not sound like two parts hitting together just a clunk.

I hate the thought of taking it to the dealer so that they can blame it on my tires and wheels or leveling kit. The noise was there before any of that. In fact I was hoping the changes would "fix it".

·
Registered
145 Posts
I had a similar issue awhile back after installing the PRG mini lift. I resolved it like this. I had a buddy stand on the rear bumper and bounce up and down. I was under the truck trying to find the noise. I found it. I failed to fully tighten one of the rear shocks..........

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Ive got a funnt clunk too. I think it might be in my steering but Im not sure. It started doing it after i lifted. Ive got SAW coils and PRG UCA's and I have no idea where the noise is coming from.

·
Registered
7 Posts
any of you considder that it may be the uca's hitting the coil bucket i have seen that happen i also have the pro-comp 6" lift and 35's on my 09 titan and i have a considerably loud clunk when going over bumps and speed bumps. i am goin to tape the buckets and go over some rough grande prairie roads and see if it is actualy hitting the buckets . if so its grinder time.

·
Premium Member
4,156 Posts
This is like the mysterious clitterious we all know about were it is but can't find it or fix it !! :idhit:

·
Registered
399 Posts
I've had this issue forever. I started noticing it after I put my leveling kit on a couple years back. I checked everything I could and never found the clunk. The leveling kit is off and I still have it. At this point I think that maybe some piece of metal on the motor or exhaust is touching the frame somewhere. Really not sure. If anyone finds the issue, let us know.

·
Registered
397 Posts
for who ever was having a noise in the rear i had the same thing and had talked to greg at prg and he said to check your U bolts because if they are not really tight you will get play and your hearing the threads rubbing on the axle plate, now that ive put on my long travel and my rear deavers with new u bolts i havent heard one noise at all so check your u bolts

·
Registered
399 Posts
So you're saying that the noise is actually coming from the rear? Now that I think about it, It really seems like the noise is coming from the transmission area. Maybe the shock travels up the driveshaft and out the crossmember.

·
Registered
603 Posts
most of the time. its the sway bar end links, how ever tight you think they are, they are a weak part of the front suspension and even the slightest bit loose will make a lot of noise.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the LCA bushings...this is common and tend to wear especially on lifted trucks. You can fix it by getting the delrin spacer through PRG

·
Premium Member
4,156 Posts
You can make your own Delrin spacers for about $13 but i tried them on my truck with no luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts