Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2018 Titan S 2WD. I'm pretty sure this is THE most basic model they offer. It did not come with any front bumper tow hooks for attachment points. Since it is 2WD, I wanted to be sure that I would have good solid front end tow points in case I ever got stuck and needed to enter into the realm of vehicle recovery. So I did some research online using all kinds of search criteria and after days of searching on lots of different sites, I couldn't find any information anywhere about aftermarket tow hooks. Nissan only offers OEM tow hooks for the 2019-2021 models, so it seemed I was up a creek.

Then I stumbled onto what they call a "Tow Hook to Shackle Conversion Kit" for the front end bumper. Maybe I'm an idiot and I just wasn't searching with the right terminology. But I found this conversion kit from a company called "Rough Country" and I'm so relieved to have found it.

So if anyone else ever has trouble finding front end recovery points, look no further.

Rough Country NISSAN TOW HOOK TO SHACKLE CONVERSION KIT (17-20 TITAN)
Item: RS149
Retail price: $69.95

·
Registered
2019 PRO-4X. Who needs heat/cooled seats? Didn’t know I did!!!!
38 Posts
The shackle set works great an look good. I hand them on my 2019 p4x. Few discussion about install on here. Just heads up not sure how mechanically inclined you maybe but most like me have found easiest way to get to the bolt holes on the frame is to remove the bumper. Good luck with your install.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually installed these yesterday. I only removed the skid plate underneath and was able to tighten the bolts with a ratchet. Takes longer because there's not a lot of space to move the ratchet handle, but I think it's easier than removing the whole bumper. And I had to shim the back end of these with a washer or two. Other than that, very easy install.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts