Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
Thats is a good question. You have to put the clips on the grill first then snap into place. When you put on the clips they should be twisted on the grill. I ran into the same problem too when I put on a chrome grill.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
^^^^ like he said.

You have to install the clips on the grill before you snap it back on. Be careful though. The clips only come with the grill as a complete assembly.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
dhammond said:
not true, you can buy them seperately part # 76882-0M060
Really?? The black ones right?

I've been to F-I-V-E separate Nissan dealerships in my area looking for these Titan grill clips. Every one of them told me that the only way I could buy the clips is by purchasing the WHOLE grill assembly. They all said the clips are NOT available SEPARATELY. WTF??

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just wanted to add that you can, in fact purchase the clips separately...

Bought them today.

First he said they only came a a set with the grill... but found out their the same on a frontier, and a sold separately on that truck for some reason...

Link: 2006 Nissan Frontier Front Grille - 623198

P/N: 76882-0M060

It took a lil arguing with the parts dude, but after I insisted he look into it further, and the fact that you had to be able to buy these clips alone...

He came back and asked how many, I said 5 please... with a huge **** eating grin.. lol

He said it would take a few days, which it did, he called, and I picked them up today, to the tune of $9 for 5 lil clips... highway robbery.............

-ern

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Just wanted to add that you can, in fact purchase the clips separately...

Bought them today.

First he said they only came a a set with the grill... but found out their the same on a frontier, and a sold separately on that truck for some reason...

Link: 2006 Nissan Frontier Front Grille - 623198

P/N: 76882-0M060

It took a lil arguing with the parts dude, but after I insisted he look into it further, and the fact that you had to be able to buy these clips alone...

He came back and asked how many, I said 5 please... with a huge **** eating grin.. lol

He said it would take a few days, which it did, he called, and I picked them up today, to the tune of $9 for 5 lil clips... highway robbery.............

-ern
Thanks for the info!

Here's a direct link on courtesyparts.com CLIP :: Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com

EDIT: nissanpartszone.com is cheaper http://www.nissanpartszone.com/parts/nissan-clip~76882-0m060.html

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I used the part no. given here and bought a grill to headlight clip that I broke when I removed the grill to put my inserts in.

For the record....the (4) clips that attach the grill to the headlights are P/N: 76882-0M060
the (8) clips that attach the grill to the core support are P/N:. 62318-01W00

·
Registered
554 Posts
This calls for a Grill Removal and Replacement WRIGHT UP!!!! :read:

any takers out there >>????<< before i take mine off and break something because i dont know what im doing???:ftard:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
You can find the clips at lowes sometimes. Theres a thread on here with the part number.

Grille Clips at Lowes

Sent from my PB99400 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I bought 6 at lowest for a buck fifty in the fastner containers

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
This calls for a Grill Removal and Replacement WRIGHT UP!!!! :read:

any takers out there >>????<< before i take mine off and break something because i dont know what im doing???:ftard:
1. go from the bottom grill area were the licence plate is and pop the lower clips with a flat head and then pop all the tops.
2. undo the clips near the head lights and pull.
3. ur gona have to pull really hard and your gona feel like ur breaking something but your fine.
4. then before you put them back on insert all the clips onto the grill and lock them into place then put the grill back on.

ive done it on 9ballrooks titan and mine several times and thats the best way. now for the lower grill ha thats really weird. i ended up just pulling it off an hoping it went back on someone needs a wright up about it.
:hi: or pm me and ill go in more to detail if need be. hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Apparently, you can't get P/N 62318-01W00 molded in black. They only come molded in med. gray plastic. Sucks if you only need to replace only one or two. When I asked the stealer about the black ones, he told me that you can ONLY get the BLACK ones with the whole grill assembly. However, P/N 76882-0M060 is available in black and only come in molded black.

I don't why Nissan makes it difficult to replace stupid common parts like this. These clips should be available in black. The 2012 Titan comes with black grill clips so I don't understand why they're not available in the parts dept. Even the Ebay ones are gray unless you get lucky enough to find old OEM stock someone is selling. If the brand new trucks come with the black clips, then they should be available over the parts counter from Nissan.

·
Registered
431 Posts
It is amazing how f-ing stupid and uninformed these parts departments are. If it doesn't show a picture on the computer they think it doesn't exist. I recently picked some up that were black. However, they were the kind near the side that has the third leg. Those work in the other spots though. So what happens when they break these clips in the service department? They must have a whole crap load of extra grilles, headlight filler panels, and cowls that came with the clips they had to order that "don't come separately".

·
Registered
383 Posts
black zip ties! It's what I've been using for years. Every time I pull the grill to hit it with some bed liner, one breaks.

Ghetto. But she works.:teeth:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Answer to all your questions, if you feel like fumbling and cussing and straining a lot, try to put the little plastic things in again. If while taking grille off you screwed up one, go to Lowes and look on the aisle with all the pull out draws and go to automotive and find there. While you are at Lowes pick up some long black zip ties of you do not have a supply already. If you still insist on trying to use the black plastic things, once home and trying to put grille back on with those black plastic things you will realize you have just wasted your time and money. Just go with the zip ties in the first place and look you bought some so you don't have to go back!
Learn from my mistake people please.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I took my grille off prob 20 times and never broke or lost one. Idk what you kids are doing lol. And putting it back on was the easy part. It's all about patience and a long screwdriver.

Sent from my PB99400 using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
27 Participants
bestatchess
Nissan Titan Forum
Nissan Titan Talk Forum is a community for truck owners to discuss the Titan Cummins, Warrior, Midnight Edition and more!
Full Forum Listing