Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have to get their front left and right hub assembly replaced? Just want to see if $1033 is reasonable for this work because of loose wheel bearing. They also told it has to be replaced in pairs.

Also got an estimate for rear wheel seal leak on the rear right wheel for $449.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
The hubs are right around $150-200 per. You can replace the hubs with basic hand tools in about an hour per side. It is not a requirement that they be replaced in pairs...it's not a horrible idea, but certainly not a requirement.

·
Registered
989 Posts
It seems like a lot to me. I just did both front hubs and both rear bearings for about $550. The fronts were pretty easy, once the rotors and bolts were out, the hub slides right out. However, yours is a 4x4 so you may have to take apart a little more of the suspension. The rear bearings (which are replaced when a seal is replaced) were pretty simple too, except for cutting the old bearings off the axle. You just need a press to put the new ones on.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, yeah seems I'm getting jacked on the parts. They're quoting almost $200 per hub and $155 per rear wheel seal and bearings.

So, I'm going to get the parts myself instead.

Btw, anybody have any experience with Timkin front hub assembly. I found them on Amazon at $125 plus shipping.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Thanks for the info, yeah seems I'm getting jacked on the parts. They're quoting almost $200 per hub and $155 per rear wheel seal and bearings.

So, I'm going to get the parts myself instead.

Btw, anybody have any experience with Timkin front hub assembly. I found them on Amazon at $125 plus shipping.
The OEM hubs are Timken. I got OEM hubs for about $150 piece and the rear seal kit for about $90 each just for reference.

·
Registered
25 Posts
got timken replacements for mine at around $150....i think i looked up the part # on pricegrabber or amazon and found them with free shipping. for the 4x4 you'll need a good breaker bar or an impact. (or a long pipe that fits your ratchet ;')

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
hmm dude Idk about that, advance has em for about 200 each and they come with brand new abs sensors which are worth 100 to 150 alone...good luck with that, pm me if you have any trouble, ive replaced mine a few times now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts