Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my drivers side front hub may be leaking and going bad. I noticed the other day along the spokes of the wheel something that looked like a light brown oil and when I looked at the inside of the wheel it looked like their was a ring all the way around the inside of it so I'm assuming the front hub is leaking and slinging on the inside of the wheel. I haven't had a chance to lift it up and try to move the wheel or anything. I also haven't heard any strange noises or felt anything but then again I'm running M/T's that are about halfway gone so they're kinda loud and rough anyway. Anyways to the question, I'm past my bumper to bumper warranty but would a front hub be covered under the 60k mile powertrain warranty or am I gonna be stuck fixing this myself? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well crap, after looking around a bit (should have just done that first) I don't think it's covered. I have my manual out in the truck, just don't feel like walkiing out in the snow and getting it. lol That's great, their goes $145 and some busted knuckles. Does anybody know what size nut is on the axle? I have some big metric ones for my impact but not sure how big it is.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tahnks for the size socket, I know I don't have one that big. If that's what it is I'll have to get with my uncle who's a deisel mechanic. It might be brake fluid too, I'm gonn ago take the wheel off here in aminute and see where it's coming from. And it is kinda light colored to be grease now that I think of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts