Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here in Washington State we are required to run a front plate...
The positioning of the bracket from the factory was too low and
made the plate look out of place...I moved it higher so it falls in-
between the space...looks balanced now!

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
NSXER said:
How were you able to secure it in that position. I'd like to do the same to mine, but want to make sure it will hold and not damage the black grill insert too badly.

Thanx.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Scary... it looks like its chewing your plate. :)

I kind'a like the mouth-open look.

Oh well to each its own... or is it to each his own... or maybe to each her own?

I'll move on.

Looks cool!

·
Registered
21 Posts
How to?

In Maryland front tags are required as well, and I don't like the look of the tag being so low either. Your mod however looks sharp! How'd ya do it? And I am afraid I am a total care care newbie, so I am gonna need details...

Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bez said:
In Maryland front tags are required as well, and I don't like the look of the tag being so low either. Your mod however looks sharp! How'd ya do it? And I am afraid I am a total care care newbie, so I am gonna need details...

Thanks!
I used a slightly longer screw(about 1 1/4") and drilled carefully into
the vertical grille dividers that are the same distance apart as the OEM holes in the bracket - just ran the screws into them and it holds great..no
wobbleing..no problem...

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Aren't you concerned about restricted airflow to the radiator and transmission cooler? My transmission cooler fan is right in the center of this opening and due to the fan's small size, would be almost completely covered by the front license plate.(see attached photo)

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bayou Titan said:
Aren't you concerned about restricted airflow to the radiator and transmission cooler? My transmission cooler fan is right in the center of this opening and due to the fan's small size, would be almost completely covered by the front license plate.(see attached photo)
No concern.......

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Bayou Titan said:
Your trans cooler should be in the upper right corner. That fan is an aux (parked and ideling) fan and not for the cooler.

·
Registered
230 Posts
NSXER said:

Would it be possible for you post a close of up of your plate so i could get a better idea of exactly where you drilled into?

I was thinking of using heavy duty zip ties to attach to the black grill that way i wouldn't have to drill new holes. I'll post pics if i decide to try this.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sabre66 said:
Would it be possible for you post a close of up of your plate so i could get a better idea of exactly where you drilled into?

I was thinking of using heavy duty zip ties to attach to the black grill that way i wouldn't have to drill new holes. I'll post pics if i decide to try this.
If you look at Bayou Titan's earlier post...the two vetical strakes that
are made of black plastic......I drilled a pilot hole at my appropriate
height based on the licence plate bracket's holes and just ran the screws
in..10 minutes max and very sturdy!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I wish I had seen this thread sooner. I have already drilled holes on my skid plates and I also installed billet grill. I have scrapped my plate numerous times in the sand dune. Anyway, I am in Seattle and a few of us are trying to meet up for a day meeting let me know if your intrested (NS)

·
Registered
134 Posts
ZIPPY said:
I didn't want to drill any extra holes so I made a couple brackets. I used 1 1/2" aluminum. The plate holder has to be turned upside down to mount to the brackets but is very sturdy.
The plate location looks good. If you don't mind, could you give us some dimensions. How long (total length before bending), and location of bend?? I took off my front plate because it was too low, but that looks real nice.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
NSXER said:
Yes, maybe that will keep some of the gravel & sand out of your heat exchanger fins also. On the 4x4 Off-Road the skid plate curves up in front and that is where they mounted my front plate.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I will get you some dimensions sometime tomorrow. Maybe this could be one of the changes Nissan could make for '05.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts