Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eventually we're going to need a way to carry our bikes (up to 5) when we go camping. They are too heavy to put on the back of the camper (we have popup) and I don't want to roof mount them to the camper either (weight issues).

Anyway, is there a front mounted bike rack that will work on the Titan. Several people in the camping forums have done this for their SUVs and don't see why it won't work for a truck.

I found this on Etrailer http://www.etrailer.com/pc-H~31199.htm?vehicleid=20087443 which would add a front mounted receiver hitch.

I haven't checked to see if the holes are present in the frame and the fish tool looks interesting.

It also looks like a grill or bullbar may be out of the question. On the plus side I could move my receiver hitch to the front when setting up the camper and be able to move it around a little easier.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Waaaaayyyy later down the road, I might weld a Front Mount Receiver Hitch onto the Mount Points of my Grille Guard to add a Receiver Mount Winch. The OEM Mount Points are VERY thick solid steel and I think should hold up fine.

Just an idea in case you want to go that direction. :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
The only problem I have with the current available front mount is how low it sits.

Still looking for a nice fitting solution.

Attachments

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not very attractive is it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
gksmith said:
Eventually we're going to need a way to carry our bikes (up to 5) when we go camping. They are too heavy to put on the back of the camper (we have popup) and I don't want to roof mount them to the camper either (weight issues).

Anyway, is there a front mounted bike rack that will work on the Titan. Several people in the camping forums have done this for their SUVs and don't see why it won't work for a truck.

I found this on Etrailer which would add a front mounted receiver hitch.

I haven't checked to see if the holes are present in the frame and the fish tool looks interesting.

It also looks like a grill or bullbar may be out of the question. On the plus side I could move my receiver hitch to the front when setting up the camper and be able to move it around a little easier.
Hey gksmith, I'm new to these forums. Been browsing thru for about a month or so (right after I purchased my '07 SE CC), but this is actually my first time posting.

If I were you, I'd probably rather use a 'Y' hitch attachment allowing me to hook up my camper AND a bike rack from the same receiver. Below is the URL of one from Northern Tools, replace <dot> with an actual dot (I'm new and still cannot post links):

www<dot>northerntool<dot>com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_492929_49

Good luck, and happy camping! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Another option may be this bike rack (also from Northern Tool). It looks like it has the rack with a hitch extension. The only downside here is that it carries a max of 4 bikes. I'm not sure if the Nissan OEM bike rack has this hitch extension or not, but may be worth looking into.

www<dot>northerntool<dot>com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200126524_200126524

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
1bigredtitan said:
Another option may be this bike rack (also from Northern Tool). It looks like it has the rack with a hitch extension. The only downside here is that it carries a max of 4 bikes. I'm not sure if the Nissan OEM bike rack has this hitch extension or not, but may be worth looking into.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200126524_200126524
That looks like some others I've seen on JC Whitney and some other places. I think Thule and maybe Yakima might have similar ones too.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a monster of a popup so tongue weight is an issue. I don't think I want it hanging off a hitch extender with the sway control system sticking out there.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Do you have a topper? I was thinking of putting a rack on my topper so I could put additional storage or bikes.

When camping it seems like you never have enough room, eh?!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts