Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I have an 05 4wd kc Titan SE. I have the factory cloth bucket seats up front and I know I need new covers for sure as mine are close to tearing on the driver side. In the backrest part of the front seats I can feel what appears to be the steel frame that has cut through the foam padding. This is with both sides of both front seats. The issue is on the backrest about half way between the top and bottom and only on the sides where there is thicker padding the fabric is a solid color opposed to the patterned part in the middle. The metal I can feel is running vertically if that matters.
I am sure there are probably tons of titans with this same issue as a friend of mine with an 06 has the same problem. My question is whT can be done to remedy this issue and keep it from happening again? I assume the foam pad will have to be replaced and I thought of putting some sort of smooth insulator on the frame that caused the problem. Maybe like a piece of small diameter PVC cut length ways. Any ideas or things I can do would be greately appreciated.

Thanks. Chris

·
Registered
43 Posts
You can acually get OEM seats on Ebay for a reasonable price. The backs
and seat can be bought seperately or as one...A friend had the entire seat shipped to him from a recked Titan for only $150. It was like new....

Hope that helps.....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Same here. Veritcal metal piece came all the way through on the right drivers side. Actually kind of blocks the arm rest from going up a bit.

Any DIY solutions? I was thinking maybe get some foam from Michaels or Jo-Ann fabrics and stuff it myself....Would it be easy to remove the oem seat cover?

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
my 2011 has already gone in the shop and had the back replaced for that reason. with the arm rest flipped down, it foam is flemsy and when you lean over it compresses it and it dont come back so sooner or later you start feeling the metal part of the seat back

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
same issue...metal frames are cut through on mine. im looking for new seats.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HACK for Front seat problems. Crap design.

Same issue. The problem is indeed in the design. The pressure is on the foam - your back vs thin blades of steel.

After a while they cut through, and you are left with uneven or poor backrest.

My fix:
1. Take driver seat into house (4 bolts, 5 minutes).
2. Remove cloth cover from back rest (10 min). Throw into washing machine.
3. Remove original foam (Looks totally cut on the two vertical edges. 5 min).
5. Make new backrest from your own foam, according to your body size (2 hrs).
6. Put back together.

Cost: Free if you have the foam, 10 dollars at you foam store.

PS: The Armada/Titan backrest frame is NOT symmetrical. They cannot be swapped between driver and passenger.

Cheers

Arit (Armada 06)

·
Registered
63 Posts
have a 2012 with sort of the same prob. except seems like my back rest is weak and can shake it from side to side. sitting in seat and shift from side to side and seat shifts with you. 4800 miles and hope there is a perminent fix for this.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Swap to the XE seats...problem solved, but you loose your arm rest but save the cuts.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had the same problem with my truck...what I did was undid the back of the seat cover...I then slide my hand into the seat from the back and got to where I could move the foam around on the right side of the seat...I got it pushed back where it needed to be so that it was correct, and then put my arm rest up so it would keep it in place.

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Wow...this is a new one to me anyway...I didnt care for how the cloth holds stains so I purchased Neoprene covers after the first week or two I owned the truck...after the stealership had "cleaned" the carpets and upholstery...I had to do it again and put the covers on over. Sounds like I might need to remov e the covers and inspect. Also..anybody have the rattling passenger seat issue..just seems to be loose on it's mounts or something is what it sounds like???/

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah my passenger seat shakes like crazy at highway speeds, and the driver's seat squeaks all the time. So annoying especially on a vehicle that is relatively new with 15k miles on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ya my Passenger seat shakes too, and the foam on the drivers went, twice , lasts less than 2 years. The only thing that makes it bearable is I also own 3 Fords and they are worse junk. As a guy that owns a Maxima, a Frontier and a Titan and buys a new company truck every year or so you would think Nissan would do something ... nope . My solution? I hear Toyota has a nice truck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same here on my 2012. Seat back cutting through after about 3.5 years. Nissan seems to think that's normal W&T but I'm 180 lbs and the truck is lightly used (40K miles). Customer service had me drive 40 miles round trip to the dealer twice before telling me there was nothing they could do for me. I reported it one week passed the warranty date but the issue has clearly started long before that. It'll take an injury from a rear-ended crash before it'll make business sense to repair or recall them.

Never had a problem with my other two Nissan trucks but this is my 3rd and likely last one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts