Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that my front suspension has been making loud noises when it goes over speed bumps (generally when i'm going slow). It's like there is no lubrication on the suspension. I don't think my struts are bad, because my tires look fine and don't have any abnormal wear-and-tear on them.

I'm not someone to know all about this, as I'm a computer tech, not an auto-tech. Anyone know what could be wrong? Where would I take my truck to have someone look into this? Is this something I can fix with some kind of lubrication?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Everything is sealed so theres no lubricating.

You need to mention year, model, miles, and any suspension mods.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Front Struts/Springs. Mine was doing the same, until i replaced the front struts. Mine had 88k on it when I replaced them

·
Registered
811 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Nissan Titan 2005, Crew Cab, 4x4 LE
just over 100,000

How much do new struts cost?

Bilstein - KYB - Rancho - Monroe - Edelbrock Automotive Truck Shocks and Struts - Shockwarehouse.com

At 100,000 miles on the original shocks, they are all shot.

Most people get Bilsteins 5100 or HDs, which are better than oem. There are numerous posts on the topic if you search for Bilstein.

For safety reasons, I would recommend having a shop swap the coils on the fronts, rather than using the DIY rental spring compressors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, did you replace the entire assembly meaing spring, strurt and mount or just the struts?

I have the same noise after replacing only the struts.

Front Struts/Springs. Mine was doing the same, until i replaced the front struts. Mine had 88k on it when I replaced them

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I'll have a shop take a look as I don't think I'll consider using a shock compressor to do all this for me lol.

I also heard that the noise could be coming from a rubber joint or of some sort in the suspension? I think I'll try to take my truck in either today or tomorrow to get this fixed. Sounds deathly when I go over a speed bump, and would like to sell this truck here in the future pretty soon.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Mine used to make a death groan over speed bumps. A pair of $3 sway bar bushings and an hour of my time later and all is well. I would start with changing the sway bar bushings before taking it into a shop where they will undoubtably find that every strut, ball joint and tie rod somehow "needs" replacing.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hi, did you replace the entire assembly meaing spring, strurt and mount or just the struts?

I have the same noise after replacing only the struts.
I replaced the entire assembly (spring and strut).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts