Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lock on my side bin froze up and I can't turn the key to get in, which sucks when your tie down/tow gear is in there and you need it :teethmast I added lock de-icer and it eventually opened.

Could anyone who has a 'real winter' (lol) let me know if I should expect the lock to freeze up often.

·
Registered
800 Posts
i find that spraying alittle wd-40 helps more than anything i have tried. especially after you wash your truck. haven't had a problem since it started using it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I will have to try that next wash

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Sask Attak said:
My lock on my side bin froze up and I can't turn the key to get in, which sucks when your tie down/tow gear is in there and you need it :teethmast I added lock de-icer and it eventually opened.

Could anyone who has a 'real winter' (lol) let me know if I should expect the lock to freeze up often.
I've never had mine freeze up but not many of us have winters like you folks up there.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Live in Indiana with some zero degree temps and negative zero degree windchill temps. Have only had my truck since July and have not had any lock freeze ups, but I have had all 4 windows freeze, along with my folding mirrors.

·
Registered
25 Posts
C'mon Sask Attak- it's a lock; it's winter; you live in Saskatchewan. It'll happen as often as you wash the truck (or after mild temps) heheheh

Go Riders!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.