Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, this is on my wife's '02 Dodge Grand Caravan not my Titan. The rotors on the Caravan have already been turned once by Dodge due to being warped. They're warped again and were close to the limit on thickness. Plus, the pads I had on there were really lousy and emergency stops were always a nail-biter.

I bought the new Frozen Rotors and Hawk pads about 15 days ago (using the TT discount code) and they arrived within about 10 days of the order. They fit perfectly! There were zero fitment issues. The braking difference between the old and new is like night and day. My wife even noticed the difference (that's saying a lot!).

With the old rotors/pads I don't think the ABS would kick in if I tried to stop as hard as I could. Now, the ABS will definitely kick in and the stopping distance has decreased significantly. I'm extremely satisfied with the rotors and pads. When it comes time to change out the OEM rotors/pads I know who I'll be going with.

The only negative is pretty minor. The pads didn't come with any of the anti-squeak goo. I was already going to the parts store for brake cleaner so it wasn't a big deal to pick up the anti-squeak goo at the same time.

Reactions: Frozen Rotors

·
Vendor
41 Posts
HRTKD said:
The only negative is pretty minor. The pads didn't come with any of the anti-squeak goo. I was already going to the parts store for brake cleaner so it wasn't a big deal to pick up the anti-squeak goo at the same time.
With Hawk brake pads you dont need the anti-squeak goo. The only thing you need to be sure to do is grease the caliper slides. and make sure everything is really clean.

Please be sure to keep us all updated with the performance of the Frozen Rotors and Hawk Brake Pads.

·
Premium Member
20,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frozen Rotors said:
With Hawk brake pads you dont need the anti-squeak goo. The only thing you need to be sure to do is grease the caliper slides. and make sure everything is really clean.

Please be sure to keep us all updated with the performance of the Frozen Rotors and Hawk Brake Pads.
So should I take the pads back off and remove the goo? That's not going to be a lot of fun. :(

The caliper slides were well greased. I learned that one a long time ago.

·
Vendor
41 Posts
HRTKD said:
So should I take the pads back off and remove the goo? That's not going to be a lot of fun. :(

The caliper slides were well greased. I learned that one a long time ago.

No not at all! You can use the goo. You just dont HAVE to use the goo. out of the thousands of sets of Hawk pads I have sold over the years, I have had but only a few come back with squeaking issues.

Let me know when your ready to do the Titan :)

·
Premium Member
20,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got a problem. The Caravan is starting to have a lot of shake in the steering wheel. I thought these rotors weren't supposed to warp?

·
Frozen Rotors
208 Posts
Check the tie rod ends for play. If these are worn out you will get a side to side movement in the steering wheel. Also, the Caravans have a tendency for rust to form on the backside of the friction surface. Check both if you can. I recently had two customers call in with your same issues and one had the rust and the other had worn tie rods.

Call or PM me to discuss further. If these item's are not the problem their are a few other potential areas that could be causing the wheel to shake.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have and 06 2x4 and I would like to do the upgrade conversion on the front end. Can you PM me a quot for all the stuff needed? (Bigger rotors, new calipers, needed lines, and pads) I tow a 7k lb boat 2-3 times a month, but I don't want any brake dust or as little as possible (hate that) Everyone seems to be happy with the Frozen rotor upgrade, but money is tight, so I can't really go for the best available stuff. Thanks...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Hawk pads are dusty dusty dusty.
The rotors I put on are not cooked yet. (03 Altima)
Surprising. Brake rotors are the only thing she can cook.

Reactions: jbowles
1 - 8 of 8 Posts