Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very happy with my 07 now that I have a set of Frozen Slotted Rotors (1879 FZR) and Hawk LTS pads. The difference is night and day and all on the positive side.

Does my Titan now have as good a brake feel and function as my 91 Chev K2500. No. Close, but the (much larger) brakes on the 3/4 ton where the best I have ever experienced on a truck, this side of a Kenworth.

Three years ago, with 500,000 kilometers on the speedo I gave the Chev to my son, who drove it for a two years before trading it in on a real nice and clean 06 Dodge Hemi. When he first picked up the Hemi he thought the stock brakes where shot. Turns out they are working just fine... for a Hemi. :)

My son is now planning on replacing the rotors on his Hemi with a similar set of Frozen Rotors, likely this fall.

BTW Keith Miller and the team at Frozen Rotors are super to work with.

Rick

·
Registered
96 Posts
I need to upgrade my brakes and would like to go this route what sort of price were you looking at everything in?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need to upgrade my brakes and would like to go this route what sort of price were you looking at everything in?
359$ for the two front rotors and as set Hawk Pads before shipping. Shipping to Canada was 108 dollars and the Dealer charged me 3 hours labor to install the rotors and pads.

With this setup the truck has been perfectly smooth under braking. No issues at all for sudden stops (tourist season) or in heavy rain.

So far I would have to say is has been money well spent. :)

Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts