Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i am killing myself doing like 4 hrs a night research on these forums for mods i can't do for a LONG while....it took me like 6 months to convince my wife that a titan was just as an appropriate family hauler as the trailblazer i traded for it....i justifed it by claiming we'd save a few thousand over the acadia she wanted...but i won...got the tonneau to make it work...and now have a wish list about $5000 long...but i am absolutely hooked...it seems as though i won't stop researching mods until i know exaclty what i will do when i finally can pull the trigger....how am I to stay content?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
The first thing you need to do is stop looking at this site and surfing for parts on the internet. If you see them, you will buy them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,373 Posts
so i am killing myself doing like 4 hrs a night research on these forums for mods i can't do for a LONG while....it took me like 6 months to convince my wife that a titan was just as an appropriate family hauler as the trailblazer i traded for it....i justifed it by claiming we'd save a few thousand over the acadia she wanted...but i won...got the tonneau to make it work...and now have a wish list about $5000 long...but i am absolutely hooked...it seems as though i won't stop researching mods until i know exaclty what i will do when i finally can pull the trigger....how am I to stay content?
This is sooo easy even Dr Phil could get this one right...

Grow some onions, and then quite asking your wife for permission! :rockon
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,417 Posts
rabbim said:
so i am killing myself doing like 4 hrs a night research on these forums for mods i can't do for a LONG while....it took me like 6 months to convince my wife that a titan was just as an appropriate family hauler as the trailblazer i traded for it....i justifed it by claiming we'd save a few thousand over the acadia she wanted...but i won...got the tonneau to make it work...and now have a wish list about $5000 long...but i am absolutely hooked...it seems as though i won't stop researching mods until i know exaclty what i will do when i finally can pull the trigger....how am I to stay content?
This is an ailment that has afflicted many on the Forum...

I recommend that you put all the mods on separate pieces of paper and into a jar.

Pick one.

Then identify how much money you will have to save before you can get it.

Make one of those thermometers that you can hang next to that jar and each time you put money into it, color in the thermometer towards your goal.

When you have enough money, go get the mod and enjoy!

I did that and when I had the money...I went out, proposed to my girlfriend and bought her a ring:eek2: Oh well, who needed a Stillen Supercharger anyways...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,308 Posts
Few questions to ask first, do you want to get performance mods, or do you want exterior mods?

An easy way to get money, is to save all of your change into a little jar. Save it for awhile until it fills up, and cash it in. Save that money until it accumulates into what you want.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,417 Posts
Warp09 said:
Few questions to ask first, do you want to get performance mods, or do you want exterior mods?

An easy way to get money, is to save all of your change into a little jar. Save it for awhile until it fills up, and cash it in. Save that money until it accumulates into what you want.
My girlfriend and even my ex-wife keep cashing it in! Maybe I should hide it...:bangit:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Kronos1965 said:
My girlfriend and even my ex-wife keep cashing it in! Maybe I should hide it...:bangit:
Get what you want BEFORE you get a relationship. :poke:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
674 Posts
We need to open a new forum, TITAN REHAB a 12 step program.LOL


My wife loves my Titan, but she still keeps the check book....I want all the toys too, but eating has become kind of a habit for me so....slow and easy wins the race....LOL

I did the airbox mod and got a drop in K&N filter....there is a easy mod that will only cost abot 45.00.

Then save up for a CAI

You can get a 2.5 level kit for about 100.00 if you shop around.....there is a nice mod.

Good luck dude, I have the fever too so your not alone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
I have a Ready-Lift leveling kit I'd let go for $150 OBO. It has less than 1000 miles on the kit before I moved to the Rancho lift.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
411 Posts
rgregory1965 said:
We need to open a new forum, TITAN REHAB a 12 step program.LOL


My wife loves my Titan, but she still keeps the check book....I want all the toys too, but eating has become kind of a habit for me so....slow and easy wins the race....LOL

I did the airbox mod and got a drop in K&N filter....there is a easy mod that will only cost abot 45.00.

Then save up for a CAI

You can get a 2.5 level kit for about 100.00 if you shop around.....there is a nice mod.

Good luck dude, I have the fever too so your not alone.
I feel your pain bro, my wife told me that the truck wasnt to be a money pit. I just looked at her and laughed..........on the inside!!!:fight:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
Glad i am not the only one. My problem is that i want the inside, outside and under the hood just like i want it and now. The problem is just got married in june and bought the titan in September it does not even have 1000 miles on it yet. But i have talked the wife into weather tech floor mats for the front only, wet okole set covers and window tint, so that is a start i guess. She wants wheels she hates the factory ones i agreed. Even though they don't look that bad.:fight:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
loufish said:
This is sooo easy even Dr Phil could get this one right...

Grow some onions, and then quite asking your wife for permission! :rockon
If it were only that easy I would have the badest Titan on the planet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
The airbox mod is a cheap way to get a CAI until you can afford one. You can get a magnaflow muffler from http://www.performancepeddler.com/ fairly cheap. Just do what I did, go by a travel trailer (a heavy one, about 7000lbs), once the wife sees how hard the engine is working pulling all that weight you can justify all the performance mods you need.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,660 Posts
you could always do what my wife and I do. We each have a separate checking account and when we get paid $25.00 goes into each of our accounts. (so $100.00 a month each) We can do whatever we want with that money. I save up for a few months and buy my mods that way or whatever else I want to get. It works.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
674 Posts
cneary812 said:
you could always do what my wife and I do. We each have a separate checking account and when we get paid $25.00 goes into each of our accounts. (so $100.00 a month each) We can do whatever we want with that money. I save up for a few months and buy my mods that way or whatever else I want to get. It works.
I tried that once....it lasted till i got 200.00 in the account....then one day she went in and changed the account name from Titan fund to vacation Fund....tricky trick trick....we had a good time though......Just do like I do.....find things in tha garage that you dont use anymore and put them on craigslist......thats how I got my exhast system.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,660 Posts
rgregory1965 said:
I tried that once....it lasted till i got 200.00 in the account....then one day she went in and changed the account name from Titan fund to vacation Fund....tricky trick trick....we had a good time though......Just do like I do.....find things in tha garage that you dont use anymore and put them on craigslist......thats how I got my exhast system.....

sorry to hear about your wifes mind. It has been working for me for years and im happy to say will continue to work for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,419 Posts
rgregory1965 said:
I tried that once....it lasted till i got 200.00 in the account....then one day she went in and changed the account name from Titan fund to vacation Fund....tricky trick trick....we had a good time though......Just do like I do.....find things in tha garage that you dont use anymore and put them on craigslist......thats how I got my exhast system.....
Next time take her on vacation to the parts store ....... have everything paid for of course before you get there LOL. Might be tough to carry them out when she rips your arms off LOL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,278 Posts
rgregory1965 said:
I tried that once....it lasted till i got 200.00 in the account....then one day she went in and changed the account name from Titan fund to vacation Fund....tricky trick trick....we had a good time though......Just do like I do.....find things in tha garage that you dont use anymore and put them on craigslist......thats how I got my exhast system.....
I found some things in my brothers garage that HE wasn't using anymore, lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
693 Posts
Every chance I can, I have the sales people put bogus price tags on what I buy, so the wife thinks things are cheap...she still thinks a $300.00 R/C airplane only costs $39.99!!
Of course this only works with separate accounts, and neither one of us really care what goes on with the other's account, so long as the retirement account gets funded, and my life insurance stays paid up. I'm a little concerned about her attention to the latter, so I watch my back all the time.

You can always get yourself a separate credit card and a PO box!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
nag her "geez baby it's so hot -- I need my window's tinted" LOL usually my wife is OK if something is worn out or needs replacing then i can "upgrade" to better than factory. I usually tell her how it will make it run better, get better mileage or last longer hahaha
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top