Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need some help. I replaced my stock stereo with the one below, I wired the two harnesses together with the stereo harness color to color. The deck turns on but I'm not getting any sound?

I have a 2004 titan.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated....thanx

Bought this stereo;

hxxp://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/In-Dash/CD-Players/DEH-P7200HD

And this wire harness;

hxxp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-Radio-WIRE-HARNESS-INSTALL-STEREO-WIRING-1995-09-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZMakeQ3aNissanQQhashZitem588b4fe6abQQitemZ380294391467QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
942 Posts
Stupid question,but does your new radio have a mute option? if so, is it engaged? That happened to me once when I installed a new stereo in a honda accord.

Reactions: Sizmasta

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stupid question,but does your new radio have a mute option? if so, is it engaged? That happened to me once when I installed a new stereo in a honda accord.
I just went and unhooked one of the channels and hooked it up direct to a speaker and sure enough it's working.....GRRRRRR!

What now? Thanx again

:bump:

·
Registered
942 Posts
I just went and unhooked one of the channels and hooked it up direct to a speaker and sure enough it's working.....GRRRRRR!

What now? Thanx again

:bump:
Might want to ask Tech12volt, he is the guru for stereos on this site.

Reactions: Sizmasta

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Yes, just gotta dig it up.
What does that mean?

The OEM Rockford Fosgate stereo has an amp up on the firewall under the driver side dash. The OEM signal goes from the OEM HU to the OEM amp and from the OEM amp to the OEM 2 ohm speakers and sub. If the OEM amp is missing, defective, or not powered or not connected, your signal path from your new HU through the factory harness to the factory speakers is broken.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
What does that mean?

The OEM Rockford Fosgate stereo has an amp up on the firewall under the driver side dash. The OEM signal goes from the OEM HU to the OEM amp and from the OEM amp to the OEM 2 ohm speakers and sub. If the OEM amp is missing, defective, or not powered or not connected, your signal path from your new HU through the factory harness to the factory speakers is broken.
Meaning, I removed the rockford Player/CD changer. Just that.... not the entire system.

Thank you! Now were getting somewhere.... I didn't know anything about a separate amp under the dash to power the speakers.... :eek:

I'm going to take some picks so it will be easier to explain whats missing/not connected properly.

Be back soon :)

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Perhaps the turn on signal for the oem amp is not connected to the remote amp turn on for the new HU? I think the wire in the factory harness for the RF amp turn on is green/white.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Perhaps the turn on signal for the oem amp is not connected to the remote amp turn on for the new HU? I think the wire in the factory harness for the RF amp turn on is green/white.
I GOT IT!!!! Thank you so much for the help.... There was 2 wires not connected.... black ground and blue power amp wires.... I never hooked them up because I never thought there would be a factory amp to be connected too!!! lol

:cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts