Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I spent my last 2 days off (Wed-Thur) at the dealership to have a Service Engine Soon light diangnosed. I left on Wednesday after about an hour of them working on it and was told it was all set. I had my tires rotated (different location) and when I left there and started my truck that light as well as the SLIP light came back on. I went back to the dealership and they worked some more. I was then told that they the 'something' meter inside the dash was bad and needed to be replaced. They had to order the whole dash panel that houses the guages and had to record my mileage. I went back the next day to have that replaced and was told that I was all set again.

Today I drove to a store and back with no issues. Left for work 2 hours later and bingo both lights are on again. I am getting very aggravated. I understand that all makes of vehicles have issues but I bought a NISSAN to atleast have the odds of not having problems in my favor. I lose again. "misslelau

I called the dealership on my way to work and expressed my aggravation with the issue. They are going to give me a rental car the next time I drop off my truck. Which is going to be on Tuesday.

There is one more possibility. I installed the Scangauge2 about a month ago. I think that I have gotten the SLIP light before I installed it but I know that I never got the Service Engine Soon light until after the install. I just cleared the code (U1000) and disconneted the Scangauge2 to see if this is problem for some reason.

What sucks the most is that I just ordered a $1400 dollar Leer cap. So I am now stuck.

Well thanks for listening to me whine. :crying:

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
I don't believed the SG had anything to do with it. The U1000 code is listed in the TSB section at Nissan Help, it's a known problems and you're not the first to report it. You didn't tell them you got the U1000 code when you took it in? That's why don't be to quick to clear the code when you get one. Hope they take care of you soon.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I told them about the code and confirmed it. They were following the TSB and checked all of the ground locations associated with it. Thats when they sent me off and said it was all set the 1st time. The 2nd time they found the meter thing in the dash. I don't know what other issues that can check.

I am doing the scangauge2 check for my own peace of mind. Because if they need to have a regional manager come and look at it, they will definitely try to blame this on the scangauge2. I have been down that road before.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I bought a NISSAN to atleast have the odds of not having problems in my favor. I lose again.
Sorry to hear the problems, But the trucks are great...sounds like it's the techs not knowing how to troubleshoot the problems....all they want to do is swap things out till they get lucky.:crying:

·
Registered
178 Posts
That U1000 is a CAN communication error. Those can be a PITA to diagnose sometimes. Did they say if anything else had a code in it? Or if they ran the CAN history on the modules? If the CAN lines on a module have a connection problem, or if one of the modules loose power it can cause this. If the CAN line has a short, you won't go anywhere.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When they ran it the first time there were other codes along with the U1000 but I don't remember what they were. The next time I believe that it was just the U1000.

I am leaning towards the Scanguage2 causing the issue. I unplugged it since the last episode and have not gotten another code yet. I am not sure why this is since the Scangauge2 just reads information. Well anyway I have until Tuesday to see if it throws another code. I am crossing my fingers that it doesn't.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well my faith has been restored for now. It has been 4 days and no codes. I disconnected the Scangauge2. I called them today and told them that I wanted to return it and described the problem. The person I spoke with admitted that they have an issue the the crystal picking up stray voltage and setting off codes. He told me that he could send me a replacement if I wanted. I said thanks but no thanks and rather not go through this again.

·
Registered
725 Posts
which dealer did you go to?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Somersworth Nissan....that is where I bought it.

·
Registered
725 Posts
huh.. never dealt with them. i've had good luck with team nissan in manchester. stay far away from merchants/concord nissan though. they're nothing but thieves.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cool, thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
725 Posts
you're welcome...

·
Registered
210 Posts
I actually went to the Nissan dealership in Concord as well to check out a nice altima couple they had sitting out (I have had 2 nissans already) and wanted to look at it for a fun little summer car. Since I was not buying it that day he did not even open the damn thing up! What an arse.

Anyway I am on the western end of the state so I use the one in Keene, NH it is great they do a really good job and I have a friend in the service department.

We should all get together sometime!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey NH Titan where are you located. I live in Rochester and also bought my truck through Somesworth. Only issue I had was the TPMS light. They fixed it no problem. They have been very nice. By the way where did you get 2 degree timing advance?:cheers:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Harland98, I had the 2 degree advance done at Somersworth Nissan.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think it was either $40 or $50. Tell them that I sent you over.

Keith

1 - 20 of 22 Posts