Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a Borla ProXS welded on this morning so I'm selling my old 18" magnaflow part 12258

Perfect for 07+ stock pipes. Dual 2.25" Single 2.5". It was on my truck for about 15k miles and there's nothing wrong with it. It was too loud for me after headers even though everyone else said it sounded fu<kin' mean.

$60 shipped to the 48. I'm in Los Angeles, CA.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had a Borla ProXS welded on this morning so I'm selling my old 18" magnaflow part 12258

Perfect for 07+ stock pipes. Dual 2.25" Single 2.5". It was on my truck for about 15k miles and there's nothing wrong with it. It was too loud for me after headers even though everyone else said it sounded fu<kin' mean.

$60 shipped to the 48.

YouTube - ‪Nissan Titan with 18" Magnaflow 12258 swap‬‏
Interested in this. How did it sound inside while cruising on the highway? I'd like to avoid much drone or CIS sound. It seems lots of guys run the 12258. I've got a 2010, so I'm pretty sure this is a simple swap, what have you guys paid for the simple swap?

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Just a swap should cost around $100, if it doesn't then leave.

How do you like the borla ostaF? I totally started the proxs popularity! :D

·
Registered
5,522 Posts

I love my dual Pro XS Borlas's!! I still need to make a video for ya'll.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Interested in this. How did it sound inside while cruising on the highway? I'd like to avoid much drone or CIS sound. It seems lots of guys run the 12258. I've got a 2010, so I'm pretty sure this is a simple swap, what have you guys paid for the simple swap?
Cruising at 70+ mph sounds normal. Drone is between 1600-1900 rpm, it's gone @ 2000 rpm. You'll hear CIS at WOT. This muffler is a little aggressive, it falls between the mild 22" and wild 14".

Should be between $50-100 for the swap... don't pay more than $100.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I REALLY like it so far... exactly what I was looking for after getting headers.

I was too slow to snatch the one you sold :crying:

·
Registered
439 Posts
what about fitment on an 04 cc?

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I REALLY like it so far... exactly what I was looking for after getting headers.

I was too slow to snatch the one you sold :crying:
They really sound good. My first one was actually replaced by borla, it got about a quarter sized hole in it and had wadding falling out... They have good warranties haha. Mine was up for sale for like 2 months! Haha

·
Registered
439 Posts
could i run it backwards and do single in dual out????

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They really sound good. My first one was actually replaced by borla, it got about a quarter sized hole in it and had wadding falling out... They have good warranties haha. Mine was up for sale for like 2 months! Haha
Good to know. (warranty)

I think you sold it soon after my headers went on.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Good to know. (warranty)

I think you sold it soon after my headers went on.
Summit diddnt even ask any questions. I believe its a "million mile warranty", at least borlas website says that haha

Reactions: ostaF

·
Registered
439 Posts
does it change the sound? will it bolt right up if i run it single in dual out? on a 04 cc 2wd?

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Yes it will, but since its a centered inlet, a shop will have to make a pipe so the muffler fits inside the frame rails. It will sound more aggressive and a bit louder, but nothing extreme

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
does it change the sound? will it bolt right up if i run it single in dual out? on a 04 cc 2wd?
It's louder than stock, check the clip up top. Dual outs will need to be fabbed or dump them.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Google "So I finally did my exhaust... BORLA!". Has all my pics and a video of stock piping, SI/DO dumped

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Yes it will change the sound. A tad louder at startup, not too much louder cruising and definitely can be heard WOT. For you, it might be cheaper to just order the 12256. I ordered mine from Magnaflow Performance | Discount Performance Auto Parts | Performance Exhaust Systems | Flowmaster Performance Mufflers several years ago. I only paid $60, but I think the price has gone up.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:bump::bump:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts