Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an oem used ring and pinion 3.36 set for the titan rear. Best offer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump... all you 2.93 guys have this option for better gearing... Anybody...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
Delta15 said:
Where did you get your new gears? I know there are ALOT of members here who
would like to know.
Yea, and how are they treatin' ya?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
bigtit said:
I have an oem used ring and pinion 3.36 set for the titan rear. Best offer.

I'm interested. $150
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$150 is so far the highest. And i believe that nissan can correct your computer for the 3.36's so you will have no issues. As far as the gears in my truck, I have not driven it yet with the new ratio, but it looks like everything is gonna work out and i have a master tech at nissan to help with any computer issues.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27,783 Posts
bigtit said:
$150 is so far the highest. And i believe that nissan can correct your computer for the 3.36's so you will have no issues. As far as the gears in my truck, I have not driven it yet with the new ratio, but it looks like everything is gonna work out and i have a master tech at nissan to help with any computer issues.
Ok, this is still not telling us what you have done!!

Spill the beans!!!!:upsidedow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Give me a little more time. Dont want to dissapoint with alot of b.s. hype. Just need to get some driving time on it and if it all good then develop a kit. Also i need to know if there would be enough people for 3.73's to be cost effective. I just have to much money and time into it to have somebody copy what i have done. So until then sorry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
how do you find out what are your gear is? and what does the 3.36 gear do?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
578 Posts
hylbruce said:
how do you find out what are your gear is? and what does the 3.36 gear do?


IF you have the big tow package or offroad package you all ready have 3.36 gears if not you have 2.93 gears. Most people on this forum are looking for lower gears to help run bigger tires along and a million other things.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,635 Posts
ive got big tow so what gears do i want ? im clueless to gears.. actualy i have no tow right now lol im in a sentra cuz my titan died :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,373 Posts
BT and OR have the lower gear, called 3.36, which is roughly equivalant to a 4.10 in a truck with only a four speed. The Lower the gear, the more torque is delivered to the wheels. It will lower fuel efficiency, but can restore appropiate accelleration to trucks with oversized tires. It will lower your top speed, but help quite a bit in getting started out.

The regular gear in a Titan is the higher 2.93 (??) Ratio. It gives better gas mileage, but less torque. If you ahve oversize tires an have this gear (Which a non OR 4x4 would have), then you will be quite sluggish in taking off. You would have more problms with towing.

So, being able to get a 3.73, gives us another jump in low end torque, accelleration, compensation for the effective change of oversize tires (speaking of diameters of course, like 33" or 35'' or even 37")

What you want depends on your criteria of proper performance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,635 Posts
hmmm well if the titans speedo is set to 114ish how will this slow us down ??? lol we might blow the motor before that ? other then that idk how it will slow the top speed down
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,373 Posts
The power curve will slow you down. There will be a point where you cannot build the RPM to increase speed. HP Falloff and wind drag increase.

www.wallaceracing.com is a good place o begin looking for calculators to determine your theoretical speed/performance. They seem to have hundreds of calculators! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A.I.I.Raciing said:
If you are saying that you have te means to build us 3.73's than I will take 1 set today, 4.10's would work better for me, but 3.73's would really get things going. And from what I have read on this site, you will sell thousands of gear set ups.

I am not saying i can build gears, but we have found a way to use whats already out there work with the titan without having to switch housings and all that.

And is 150 the highest? Do i hear 200?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
578 Posts
bigtit said:
I am not saying i can build gears, but we have found a way to use whats already out there work with the titan without having to switch housings and all that.

And is 150 the highest? Do i hear 200?

There was a member from Texas who claimed this also but he never provided any details
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Delta15 said:
There was a member from Texas who claimed this also but he never provided any details
The details will be disclosed when i am ready to provide kits to regear the titan. I will tell you in detail how its done. No worrys.
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top