Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling a set of four used TPMS Sensors. Model 40700 CK002. Here is the story on them. I have an 07 Titan SE. I did a swap of tires and rims with an 04 Titan about a year and a half ago or so, cant really remember now. Ever since I did the swap, I had issues with my TPMS. At first, it was fine after Discount Tire re-programmed the sensors for me. But then as time went on, I would get a flashing TPMS light and at other times, I did not.

I had a feeling that my TPMS did not like the new (diff sensors) but I didnt bother to change them out. I recently bought the 40700 CK001 model sensors since I believe the CK001 model was the correct one for my 07 SE and now my TPMS light is off, so that appears to have resolved the prob I was getting. So now these are up for sale. Discount Tire took them off and it looks like they took the caps off and also the valve core. So you will need to buy the TPMS rebuild kit through discount tire, or on ebay. I found a TPMS rebuild kit here, which I also used on my new CK001 sensors. I think that rebuild kit would work with the CK002 sensors too, but the valve nut is a bit different.

Make sure these are the correct sensors for your Titan before you decide to purchase please. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in this thread or send a PM. I will do my best to answer them. Price is $65 shipped via USPS Priority mail with delivery confirm.

Photos:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
looks like these could rock out on an '05, huh?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
These still available ? and will they fit an '05 made in June ? And what year did they come off of and how long were they used for ? I have an '05 and one of mine is bad now. If there good consider them sold !

Thanks !

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
These still available ? and will they fit an '05 made in June ? And what year did they come off of and how long were they used for ? I have an '05 and one of mine is bad now. If there good consider them sold !

Thanks !

These came off an 04, and I had issues with them in my 07. Im not sure if they will work in an 05. There is a possibility that these may have been made for steel wheels as well, but I can't find info that specifically states that.

According to this website, the 40700 CK002 sensors should work in your 05. I would think if these sensors work only on steel wheels, then that above website will also state on their website, but it does not.

As far as functionality goes, the sensors should be fine, but I can't be absolutely sure since the sensors were not made for my 07 and I kept getting the temp flashing of my TPMS light each time I started my engine. When I first got these sensors, discount tire programmed it to my truck and it was fine for a week or so before I started getting issues again with my TPMS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts