Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
557 Posts
Nice watch, insane price.

I'm not saying you're pricing it insanely, just that $3K for a watch is insane to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just like anything, you get what you pay for. heh. look at the prices of rolex...hehe you'll see much higher $.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Young_R said:
just like anything, you get what you pay for. heh. look at the prices of rolex...hehe you'll see much higher $.

Lmao.. That's not entirely true. In todays market 50% of the mark up on items like that watch you are buying the 'name'.. Good luck on the sale though, they are good watches.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Advocate07 said:
Lmao.. That's not entirely true. In todays market 50% of the mark up on items like that watch you are buying the 'name'.. Good luck on the sale though, they are good watches.
yes some are. that is why you do a research before you buy them, just like anything you buy. certain watches actually keeps its value and or increase.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
Young_R said:
yes some are. that is why you do a research before you buy them, just like anything you buy. certain watches actually keeps its value and or increase.
Very true. I have a half dozen Movado's that have doubled or tripled in value since I bought them. One of them is so rare that Movado corporate offered me 10 times what I paid to get it out of distribution. Turns out they only made 50 of them and it doesn't even exist in catalogs or on the website. I sent them a picture and it took them 3 months to find out what model it was. They didn't realize that a few were released to the market. It was supposed to be a concept watch only. The one I have is number 4.

They are the only watches I will ever buy that cost over $100.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rrumaner said:
Very true. I have a half dozen Movado's that have doubled or tripled in value since I bought them. One of them is so rare that Movado corporate offered me 10 times what I paid to get it out of distribution. Turns out they only made 50 of them and it doesn't even exist in catalogs or on the website. I sent them a picture and it took them 3 months to find out what model it was. They didn't realize that a few were released to the market. It was supposed to be a concept watch only. The one I have is number 4.

They are the only watches I will ever buy that cost over $100.
wow. that is awesome. You better keep that watch. My dad likes movado watch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
795 Posts
Nice watch, very different style. I'm an omega man myself. runs in the family
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
Young_R said:
wow. that is awesome. You better keep that watch. My dad likes movado watch.
Right now it is sitting in a safety deposit box at the bank. No intention of ever selling it back to them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rrumaner said:
Right now it is sitting in a safety deposit box at the bank. No intention of ever selling it back to them.
I got a offer way above my retail purchase price already. hehe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,808 Posts
Those are nice watches and I love the Orange!! I've got a Seiko Orange Monster that I wear every day, that is Orange too!
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top