Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m selling a custom Magnaflow dual exhaust system that I had fabbed by a local exhaust shop. The system is in excellent condition, only used for about 1,200 miles. It was originally installed on 10/01/10 and removed on 12/10/10.

Specifications:
- 2.25 inch dual pipes from cats back
- Mandrel J-bend up front
- 2.25 x 18 inch resonators
- Magnaflow 2.50 inch, dual in/dual out, 22 inch muffler (part #12568)
- Dual Magnaflow exhaust tips (part #35131)

All in all, I spent $270 on parts and $200 on fabrication/installation, so about $470 total for this system. This is basically the same idea as Nismo cat-back with the dual side exit, but for much cheaper. The sound of this system is awesome at startup and acceleration, slight to moderately louder than stock but not deafening. I noticed absolutely no loss of torque, throttle response was much improved over stock, and I could spin the tires all day if I wanted. In fact, there was nothing wrong with this exhaust except for slight drone at 1,700 rpms, which my wife clearly pointed out that she did not like. So after much debate and hesitation, I decided to throw a stock exhaust back on.

I'm looking to get $250 for the system, and local pickup would be best. If you are located in Arizona, I might be able to drive a little to meet you.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump. Willing to take reasonable offers.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Are you willing to ship?

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Nice set up brah!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
just wondering why did you got with 2.25 ?
i thought our trucks can handle bigger pipe without losing back preasure
According to several exhaust posts that I researched here and on ClubTitan, when going duals it was recommended not to exceed 2.25" or else there would be a slight loss of low end torqe. The stock system is very well tuned already, it only needs to be opened up a little more to perform at optimum levels. Going with 2.5" duals reportedly lost some low end torque. From what I experienced with this setup, I completely agree with the recommendations to stick with 2.25". Stock piping is 2.125" (often misrepresented at 2.25").

Reactions: yscty

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
787 Posts
on a 1-10, how much louder than stock is this. Ive been contemplating an exhaust, but I really don't want to have something that is really really loud.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the interest, but its been sold.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Steve,

Got them installed this morning and they are noticeably quieter than the Magnaflow I had but I definitely feel the torque. Thanks for the deal.

Dorsey

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Steve,

Got them installed this morning and they are noticeably quieter than the Magnaflow I had but I definitely feel the torque. Thanks for the deal.

Dorsey
Glad you like them....I am definately going to miss that torque. As you can attest to, 2.25 is the perfect diameter to go with on duals. Take care.

Steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts