Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a P/T firefighter and have a 42" jetsonic lightbar with siren for sale. This was mounted on my previous vehicle before I got my Titan (2001 dodge Ram Q/C...piece of crap truck). Anyway, the lightbar has blue and red lenses in front of the four rotators and four wig/wags and clear lenses for the side alley lights and front take downs. It comes with a siren mounted in the center, a siren control box with yelp, hyper-yelp, hi-lo, and air horn, with the option to add a P/A. The light control box is a street thunder, I forget which model, but it is touch key with backlight and programmable. The lightbar has ~8 ft. of wire, so plenty of wire to run to battery and through cab. The current mounting brackets are for a dodge ram, so you would need to buy new brackets unless the brackets will fit your application. The lightbar is in very good condition. I will post pics as soon as I get back from a weekend trip. I am asking $350 PLUS "actual" cost of shipping. PM me or email me at [email protected] for further info.
:readclose Disclaimer: The lightbar/siren is not for public use on a private vehicle unless you are an approved firefighter, police officer, or EMT. It is legal for off road use in some states, please check local laws before using as I am in no way responsible for future outcomes of purchaser's intent or use, Monetary or otherwise. By purchasing this unit, you are agreeing to this statement.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Titan-ization said:
Anyway, the lightbar has blue and red lenses in front of the four rotators and four wig/wags and clear lenses for the side alley lights and front take downs.
so tempting... hehe but to be legal (at least in my state), the red lenses facing forward would have to be covered or changed to another color...

·
Registered
795 Posts
The six year old in me wants that SSSSSOOOOOO bad.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gQdVIACR8I

It this the one you have??
If so $350 is a steal! I do alot of roadside work and my rear light bar with directional signaling and remote to 300 feet was $800 for that alone not to mention the flashers in the lights ($450) and front window flasers ($280). All mine are whit and amber only. How much is that unit new? ANd what is the amp draw on it? All of the flashers I have now are very low draw (2 amps tops) due to the fact that I leave the truck off and the lights on for a long time. I dont want dead batt. when I need it the most. I would have no use for the sirens and blue/red flashers. The only reason I would be intrested in this is if you have the signaling in the rear like that and can it be dissconnected from the main front lights, I would want to take those off of it with the acception of the white lights.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Helinut1970 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gQdVIACR8I

It this the one you have??
If so $350 is a steal! I do alot of roadside work and my rear light bar with directional signaling and remote to 300 feet was $800 for that alone not to mention the flashers in the lights ($450) and front window flasers ($280). All mine are whit and amber only. How much is that unit new? ANd what is the amp draw on it? All of the flashers I have now are very low draw (2 amps tops) due to the fact that I leave the truck off and the lights on for a long time. I dont want dead batt. when I need it the most. I would have no use for the sirens and blue/red flashers. The only reason I would be intrested in this is if you have the signaling in the rear like that and can it be dissconnected from the main front lights, I would want to take those off of it with the acception of the white lights.

No, I have the jetsonic lightbar, it looks exactly like the one in this clip, except, instead of strobes it has flashers, and the rotators do not home to front/back to act as wig/wags because it has seperate wig/wags. Take a look at the clip I have attached. The clip you referenced, the sirten sounds exactly like that one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agNyKnxDzwE&mode=related&search=

The lightbar is very bright and will move traffic quickly. As far as the lenses, they are very inexpensive to replace with different colors....amber, purple, clear, etc. and they can be replaced in less than five minutes as the clear domes on either side of the speaker or held in place by two screws on the sides, once the screws are removed, the whole dome slides off with the lense inserts that can be pulled out, rearranged in a different order, or replaced with different color lenses. I know a lot of guys are using the lightbarsfor off road application, they put all amber lenses in, and turn on the lightbar when they are pulling someone out or something if there is a lot of dust or obstructions in the way to warn others coming down the trail that someone is being pulled out and take another route.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Energizer said:
so tempting... hehe but to be legal (at least in my state), the red lenses facing forward would have to be covered or changed to another color...

Lenses can be removed or replaced in less than five minutes. New lenses cost less than $10 usually, very low maintenance lightbar that is very user friendly. I really enjoyed it, unfortunately, Va. does not allow lightbars on POV's, can have max of two red rotators and no siren is allowed, maybe I should move back to TX. just so i can use my lightbar again...lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts