Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS or Help: Pac-Jack Steering Wheel Remote

I just bought this on Ebay for $45. Read the instructions and I didn't want to spend anymore time with my system. Someone take it off my hands for $30. Guess no one is picking up on this offer, so....anyone in socal wanna help put this device in my truck. Name a price...I don't like unfinished projects. Thanks all...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just got the PAC SWI-PS for my truck...I got it when I purchased a new HU from Crutchfield (Pioneer) it is a little different than the model you have..but I'm going to try to hook it up tomorrow. Mine basically plugs right into the back of the HU and will learn the commands from the steering wheel controls..if you look on the PAC website they do not offer any support if you bought it of Ebay...I'll let you know how it works out for me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well..the install on this PAC steering wheel control is kinda tricky...I am fairly sure I got it hooked up correctly..just haven't figured out how to program it correctly yet...mine came with a pack of resistors and you have to connect a 150 resistor to the green wire and a 47 resistor to the red wire..and the blue wire connects straight to the ground wire...after you solder the resistors to their respective wires you connect them both to the white wire from the PAC unit...I know these instructions are kinda vague....when I removed the stock non rf 6 dish HU there was a harness connected to the AV section of the radio..that is where I pulled only the green, red & blue wires from..I could tell you the exact pin locations and you have to count like I did...The PAC unit itself had multiple wires but the only ones needed for my Titan were the white, red & black wires...all others were not used...The programming instructions are very confusing and you have to do things in a specific order to "Teach" the dang thing what button should do what...it gives you 7 seconds to do each one..if you screw up you have to start the learning all over...needless to say I screwed up several times and had the volume working when I was supposed to be scanning channels...blaming the teacher not the student at this point....ha ha....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok Tonka,,,got it all connected and programmed...it works great!...I doesn't have any of the issues that the IR ones do since it is wired...I'm no expert but if you have any ?'s PM me and I'll try to help...:rancher:

·
Registered
314 Posts
SO i just finished installing my Pac controls and it was not the easyest thing in the world i was using the wrong connector and could not figure out why it was not working. I finally figured it all out and got all the wired tucked back into my dash and it works great there is a little delay not quite as fast as the stock deck but im loving it and was def worth the money

oh ya i have it hooked up to a alpine 9886 deck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts