Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be selling my SAW 2.5" coil overs for $700. I believe you will need an upper arm like Total Chaos to run this. This was the setup I purchased from Greg. I am getting the mid-travel kit and have a new set of SAWs on order.

DJAlex
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
These coilovers have only been installed for about 4 months and are rebuildable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These coilovers will not work with a bracket lift, they are too short.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
but they will b/c he has the top spacer....he just won't be able to see the kewl red through the wheel wells
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
why not get shocks made for a lifted app instead of stock height shocks and still use the spacers? LOL sorry, just a thought...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These 2.5" SAW will work with Greg's new mid-travel kit. I also have a set of Total Chaos arms I am selling. I will soon post pix of the mid-travel kit installed on my truck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,061 Posts
jason27 said:
would they work with the pro-comp lift??

That's what the majority of this thread has been talking about!!!!:readclose Haven't you read any of the replies??? Not being a d1ck, just stating the obvious.


djalex said:
These coilovers will not work with a bracket lift, they are too short.
Correct, the ProComp lift IS a bracket lift, but the shocks will still work, just have to re-use the spacer.

krnnerdboy said:
but they will b/c he has the top spacer....he just won't be able to see the kewl red through the wheel wells
Correct, but you don't gain any extra travel over the stock shock either. Why not eliminate the spacer if you can???

Hawaiianbasshead said:
why not get shocks made for a lifted app instead of stock height shocks and still use the spacers?
Yes, that would make the most sense.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am selling both the SAW coilovers and TC upper arms for $1000. According to Greg these will not work with Procomp, Fabtech, or CST 8" lift. There is a different SAW available for those lifts, which is longer. I don't believe you can use a spacer with the SAW. The pictures show the PRG mid-travel kit installed with these coil-overs.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,061 Posts
How much for the arms by themselves?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
54warrior said:
How much for the arms by themselves?
TC Upper arms $400
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,288 Posts
Judging by the fancy bumpstops, I'm guessing these SAWs have seen some heavy action.

These are the PRG valved SAWs correct?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,541 Posts
titanse05 said:
Judging by the fancy bumpstops, I'm guessing these SAWs have seen some heavy action.

These are the PRG valved SAWs correct?
the beauty of aftermarket coilovers is they can take the abuse unlike a stock shock which subjected to the same amount of abuse would likely be blown. with the huge air bumpstop djalex has, if you knew its purpose, you'd know that the bumpstops actually help lessen the abuse the coilover would be subjected to if in fact he did see heavy action.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
I imagine the air bumps have valves that bleed air back out, very slowly and under alot of pressure possibly so it acts as a shock in itself sortof... how much does stuff like that cost?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,288 Posts
hooligan said:
the beauty of aftermarket coilovers is they can take the abuse unlike a stock shock which subjected to the same amount of abuse would likely be blown. with the huge air bumpstop djalex has, if you knew its purpose, you'd know that the bumpstops actually help lessen the abuse the coilover would be subjected to if in fact he did see heavy action.
I understand all of that........elementary.

What my point was that these used SAWs have seen real action........not from a poser vehicle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
titanse05 said:
Judging by the fancy bumpstops, I'm guessing these SAWs have seen some heavy action.

These are the PRG valved SAWs correct?
Yes these are the PRG valved SAWs. I have gone offroading with them and they still handle great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,541 Posts
titanse05 said:
I understand all of that........elementary.

What my point was that these used SAWs have seen real action........not from a poser vehicle.
poser vehicle... LOL!!! nope, DJalex was out there with us running the MDR race course out in Johnson Valley not too long ago! he definitely saw action! the PRG spec'd SAWs are the sh!t...

























 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just dropped off my truck at Allied Motorsports this morning. They will be installing a shock hoop and longer SAWs. So these SAWs will be ready tomorrow for those still interested.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top