Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cannot believe the shipping cost on this thing. I got a quote to ship from Seattle to Ohio for 95 bucks through UPS.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I did a fedex on line from Seattle to Dayton (Just a guess), did 10lbs, Box size: 50x14x4 and came up with 12.67(4 days)- 151.00(ovenight)

The ups quote, was that them packing and shipping or just shipping?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bbomar said:
Interesting, I input a 36" long by 12" by 12" box at 15 lbs.

Ground shipping came out to............$16.20

Sounds a little more correct.

$95 would get me 2 day air!!
try measuring your grille again. The length is 48"

Also, try to ship it from from one corner of the country to the other.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Tell you what, anyone who wants this, buy me a round trip flight, coach, no frills, and I'll pick it up and deliver it and even take you out to dinner when I get there! :lol:

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
Tell you what, anyone who wants this, buy me a round trip flight, coach, no frills, and I'll pick it up and deliver it and even take you out to dinner when I get there! :lol:
PM sent!:rofl:

·
Registered
940 Posts
FedEx Ground is usually cheaper than UPS. They don't seem to tear up as many packages, and provide much better service (just my extremely biased opinion.) The problem is the package is considered oversize. I'm having trouble finding the exact info on the website, but the rates have 3 oversize charges. If the length x girth (2x width plus 2x height) dimension is over a certain number (maybe 84 inches), the package is rated as oversize 1 and has the same rate as a 60 lb package. Oversize 2 is rated like a 90 lb package, etc. Large, bulky items rate the same as small, heavy ones.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The problem is finding the box to fit this thing. At the UPS store they quoted me 80 bucks to ship to Ohio and 35 to box it. Ive always shipped stuff from there and thought the pricing was OK till this grille. To the people finding the shipping price ridiculous, then dont buy it.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Maybe try boxing it yourself or try USPS. You've got potential buyers you just need to find an economical way of getting it to them(me).

Let me know if you can make it happen.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Titanminator said:
The problem is finding the box to fit this thing. At the UPS store they quoted me 80 bucks to ship to Ohio and 35 to box it. Ive always shipped stuff from there and thought the pricing was OK till this grille. To the people finding the shipping price ridiculous, then dont buy it.
Don't use a box!!! Just wrap it up with Bubble Wrap really good then cover it with Painters Paper and tape it up, this will save you a ton on shipping as the dimensions will be much smaller then having it in a huge box. Trust me on this, I did it.......

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yscty said:
Don't use a box!!! Just wrap it up with Bubble Wrap really good then cover it with Painters Paper and tape it up, this will save you a ton on shipping as the dimensions will be much smaller then having it in a huge box. Trust me on this, I did it.......
I was thinking about that. I didnt think it was possible to ship without a box. But I will try the bubble first and see if they will ship it like that. Thanks for all of your input.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I would try to box it if you can, the dimensions won't be any smaller without a box. You can cut down a larger box to a perfect fit or use 2 boxes that slide onto each end and taped together well. Try to use foam peanuts as filler if you can. The bubble wrap method is probable fine for solid objects like step bars, less so for something fragile like a grille. Just my two cents from 20 yrs in the shipping business.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Go to your local auto mall and talk to the parts shipping/receiving guys. They're likely to have the perfect box, I deliver them all the time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.