Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of heads removed from a 2004 VK56de Titan, they have 15k miles on them and they were removed from the engine because the block had oil consumption due to the piston rings. Heads are complete and are still on the block, but will be removed for sale. Bare block is also for sale as well as crankshaft which has already been removed. Email is [email protected]. Located in Connecticut. Will ship if your willing to pay for the shipping. If your interested Email me and we can work out a price. Im not looking for a lot, but i know theyre worth something, even if its in scrap metal.

·
Banned
465 Posts
what kinda price you wanting?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depends on if they're getting picked up/shipped. If your interested enough Email me or PM me. Dont be afraid to make a low ball offer, the worst i could say is no... at least thats how i look at it.

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
how much for the heads??

·
Registered
2,509 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
I wonder if that is legal???
if the manufacture does not want them back. if its costs them too much to ship it back and spend on testing then they will tell the dealer to scrap it. or keep it. so it is legal if that is what happened. if it is even a warranty part

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
if the manufacture does not want them back. if its costs them too much to ship it back and spend on testing then they will tell the dealer to scrap it. or keep it. so it is legal if that is what happened. if it is even a warranty part
All parts not returned are to be SCRAPED... Not re-sold on forums that Nissan employees read..

·
Registered
370 Posts
All parts not returned are to be SCRAPED... Not re-sold on forums that Nissan employees read..
you didnt understand i think. every dealer must notify nissan what parts have been installed under warranty via a warranty parts inventory. at that time nissan notifies the dealer what parts they want back to test, or examine for dealer efficiency. in this situation nissan most likely said keep the parts due the cost of shipping it back to them and the man hours that it takes to test the engines. also a dealer tech from nissan usa was probably involved. when there is oil consumption issues it actually takes about 90 days for a test to be completed because you need to test in between oil changes. the dealer tech most likely was physically there to report to nissan, therefore allowing nissan to tell the dealer to scrap/ keep the engine for their own purposes. in this case i bet the dealer gave it to this person to keep. and now he is selling it ! good idea

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
you didnt understand i think. every dealer must notify nissan what parts have been installed under warranty via a warranty parts inventory. at that time nissan notifies the dealer what parts they want back to test, or examine for dealer efficiency. in this situation nissan most likely said keep the parts due the cost of shipping it back to them and the man hours that it takes to test the engines. also a dealer tech from nissan usa was probably involved. when there is oil consumption issues it actually takes about 90 days for a test to be completed because you need to test in between oil changes. the dealer tech most likely was physically there to report to nissan, therefore allowing nissan to tell the dealer to scrap/ keep the engine for their own purposes. in this case i bet the dealer gave it to this person to keep. and now he is selling it ! good idea
No, I do understand.. All WARRANTY parts not requested by Nissan are to be SCRAPPED, NOT kept or sold by the dealer or dealer personnel. Might try reading the dealer agreement...

·
Registered
370 Posts
No, I do understand.. All WARRANTY parts not requested by Nissan are to be SCRAPPED, NOT kept or sold by the dealer or dealer personnel. Might try reading the dealer agreement...
i see what your saying i understand. im not arguing with you i completely agree. but at the same time they may have been completely OK with this. a way to stimulate nissan owners maybe?? to buy their parts? im not sure

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
i see what your saying i understand. im not arguing with you i completely agree. but at the same time they may have been completely OK with this. a way to stimulate nissan owners maybe?? to buy their parts? im not sure
Trust me,there isn't a chance in hell that NNA is going to be OK with this.Why would they want defective parts that they just paid the dealer to replace put back into circulation again? If the parts aren't requested back,they are to be destroyed beyond use.No exceptions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts