Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i spent the last 3 hours of my sunday building fsueric a sub enclosure. I built it form side to side and contoured it to the seat. The amp rack will house a 5 channel Bostn amp. SO what do guys think.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More pics . I will take some more once its cover tomorrow.And i plan to take pics of the complete install.

Attachments

·
Registered
940 Posts
I really like that box. If I abandon my front seat plans, I would get one like this. I think it just looks better than than the plain rectangle ones. Draw up some plans for it so you don't need a truck there to build another one. Nice work Tech!

·
Registered
367 Posts
whats gonna go in it? 12"s or 10"s? boston acoustic?
The box looks tight! wish i had one!

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
20TexasTitan08 said:
whats gonna go in it? 12"s or 10"s? boston acoustic?
The box looks tight! wish i had one!
Boston 10s will be going in it.And thanks bro.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks incredibileLooks incredible!!! Can’t wait to hear it. Thanks again for the directions to Savannah, it was a pretty good ride over there. Something about opening it up on a back country road is therapeutic.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fsueric said:
Looks incredibileLooks incredible!!! Can’t wait to hear it. Thanks again for the directions to Savannah, it was a pretty good ride over there. Something about opening it up on a back country road is therapeutic.
I know what you mean brother . Noyhing like the roar of honda on the back country roads.

·
Registered
112 Posts
tech12volt said:
I know what you mean brother . Noyhing like the roar of honda on the back country roads.

Hey Tech, w/out trying to sound like a noob too much, I have seen the boxes you build and think they look good, but didn't ever think that I would want one cause it had that gap when going over the middle. But this one is nice and contoured to the shape of the floor and I'm sure is going to look fantastic! I might even want one! Question is.... Why wouldn't you build all of them this way? Does it have to do with the sound quality?
Reef

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
ReefJones said:
Hey Tech, w/out trying to sound like a noob too much, I have seen the boxes you build and think they look good, but didn't ever think that I would want one cause it had that gap when going over the middle. But this one is nice and contoured to the shape of the floor and I'm sure is going to look fantastic! I might even want one! Question is.... Why wouldn't you build all of them this way? Does it have to do with the sound quality?
Reef
It has to do with that i have not has a Titan to play with for the amount of time i have had this one and they all will be this way in the front now.

Here are some pics of it covered.

ALso i would like for you notice something about the truck. I was cutting pieces and fitting them in the truck all day as i built this enclosure. Now in most shops if they do this you will have sawdust all over the inside of the back of the truck. I have not gotten the shop vac out on this truck yet and see how clean it is. I make sure to blow off every piece of wood before its test fit in a vehicle. Some people dont care , but I would if it were mine.

Attachments

Reactions: Pondsy

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'll take it! Oh, wait a minute, its not for sale. Any chance you would do one of those with 2 12's? After playing with my single 10" for a little bit, I wanna upgrade, I thought I could get by, but I guess I'm having a mid-life crisis at 31, and need more bass! hehe

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
XterraChad said:
I'll take it! Oh, wait a minute, its not for sale. Any chance you would do one of those with 2 12's? After playing with my single 10" for a little bit, I wanna upgrade, I thought I could get by, but I guess I'm having a mid-life crisis at 31, and need more bass! hehe
sure but an amp rack really is not an option with 12s. And the boston g1 12s slamm.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
70DATSUN said:
I think you do some nice work. If I was younger and still had good hearing you would be building me one.
Thank you. Your never too old for a little bass. This should be a really clean sounding system.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
70DATSUN said:
I think you do some nice work. If I was younger and still had good hearing you would be building me one.
Well thats even more of a reason, if he built it I guarantee you could hear it :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 12" JLAudio sitting around that i got for free, boxless and ampless. I've been thinking on how i want to incorporate it into my truck. I really like what you have done here, looks real clean.. but I don't know if I want to sacrifice that space in the back to put a box there or not. I actually use that space more than I thought I would have when I bought the truck. This makes it very tempting though after taking a look at these pics. Nice work

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Just build a box that takes up 1/2 the floor. Thats what I did. I keep the drivers side seat up all the time.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Tech:
What about the RF replacement box?????????????????????

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUADS said:
Tech:
What about the RF replacement box?????????????????????
I am working on it.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well we ran all wires today and put in the front comps. I used some 3/16th incg masonite and firberglass them from behind to the factory plastic. This makes the really strong and stll keeps them light.We mounted the tweets in the a pillars and colormatched to the factory color as close as we could. By the way we are running Boston pro 60s in the front.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts