Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone! I've been driving Chevys for 15 years, but GM is starting to do things that make no sense. One that really aggravates me is putting the fuel filter inside the fuel tank on the new '04 models. How stupid is this?!! Replacing a $10 filter has now become a major maintenance cost! Please tell me Nissan didn't do this. The Titan has caught my interest and I am trying to acquire as much info as possible. Thanks!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Fuel Filter????

I hear you! Had the same prob with Chrysler Mini Van, left me stranded on the highway twice - lost a lot of time because of a stupid idea! Who in their right mind would do this?

Campsmoke :cheers:

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have the same problem with my 96' Ram. Is this a stupid thing to do or what. In the 65,000 mile that I have on my ram I haven't changed the the pump or the fuel filter since they are in the same unit in the gas tank.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Don't know about the Titan, but my 2002 Frontier has a fuel filter you can get to.

·
Registered
250 Posts
In many modern vehicles, changing the fuel filter is not a scheduled maintenance activity. The fuel filter will supposedly last the life of the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
outahere said:
In many modern vehicles, changing the fuel filter is not a scheduled maintenance activity. The fuel filter will supposedly last the life of the vehicle.
in our cases i hope its external if not they will be problems, i guarantee it. :crying:

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Well, the bad news is that yes, the Filter, Sensor and Pump are all located in the Fuel tank and you have to drop the tank to work on them.

Chris

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
CaliforniaTitan said:
Well, the bad news is that yes, the Filter, Sensor and Pump are all located in the Fuel tank and you have to drop the tank to work on them.

Chris
well everyone plan on a $200 fuel filter change when needed :crying: that really sucks bad

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
CaliforniaTitan said:

Chris
oh cali whats the good news??? :jester: i hope it lasts at least 100,000 if not ill make it :gunz:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Makes you think about buying that unbranded Wal-Mart gasoline :crying:

I could'nt resist I'm an Exxon Owner. :readclose

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Ummm well...Ummmm the Good news is that you will have a grin on your mug every day you drive the Titan till then? :teethmast :teethmast :teethmast :teethmast :teethmast :teethmast :teethmast

Chris

·
Registered
105 Posts
Fuel filter?????

CaliforniaTitan said:

Chris
Hi Chris

If the plates on your truck were a different color I would swear that you got my truck!! Ain't it beautiful????

Regards

Campsmoke :cheers:

·
Registered
250 Posts
got_titan said:
well everyone plan on a $200 fuel filter change when needed :crying: that really sucks bad
I am betting that a fuel filter change requirement is not even listed on the official, factory issued Nissan maintenance schedule. Am I right?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts