Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading all of these posts about bad sending units and figured when my gauge started acting up it had to be the same issue. I've taken it to the dealer 3 times but the service dept. kept telling me in order to diagnose the problem the gauge needs to NOT be working (every time I took it in the gauge decided to work correctly). Usually the next day of so it would start acting up.

Finally, today it stopped working and I was going by the dealer so I decided to stop in and have them check it. It took almost 2 hours for them to diagnose it and tell me it was the gauge and not the sending unit. I'm not confident that is the case. On 2 different occasions I had trouble code p0455 and my gas cap was on correctly. Each time the gauge was not functioning properly. As soon as the guage would start working the SES light would go off shortly after.

Has anyone else had the gauge go bad? Is it possible that the sending unit caused the gauge to go bad (Service tech. says its not)?

I really don't feel like having to go through this all over again if they replace the gauge and it doesn't fix the issue.

I love this truck. Its easily the best I have ever owned but I'm starting to regret buying it because I hate going in for service. My last truck was a 2002 F-150 FX4 with the little 4.6 but I never once had it to the dealer. I didn't have any issues with it until 80k miles when one of the coil over plugs went bad (replaced it myself for $60). Sure it was way way underpowered but at least I wasn't spending all of my time at the dealership getting recalls and bulletins fixed.

·
Vendor
32,925 Posts
The fuel gauge weather it be the gauge itself or the sending has been a PIA to many members. Mine has been screwed for a longass time and I just deal with it.

If your only issue is this and thats the worst of your troubles you should be very happy.

Hopefully the gauge replacement will the final fix

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I've had my gauge give me problems with showing not full right after a complete fillup but as luck would have it the stealership would find nothin wrong with it - like P's just said, I deal with it as well...it's not a big deal and usually only goes no further down than a bit past F, so....no biggie - I know it takes 21-22gal everytime I fill up and i get around 300-310 per tank of gas....

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I have had some issues with mine but only if I try and top it off to the top of the filler neck. If I put gas in it only till it clicks twice, I have no problems. I quit topping it off and problem solved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts