Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that my gauge said 0 miles to empty but the needle was still above the "E" line, i filled it up completely earlier to see how many gallons I could pump in the tank to my surprise i pumped only 22.7 gallons, so there is definitely something going on in the gas tank or the ecm, i went for a drive down the freeway for about 15 miles (the onboard computer read "range" 352 miles to empty)i know it sounds like quite a bit but it never changed in those 15 miles that i drove, it stayed at 352. I wonder if i disconnect the negative battery cable so it can relearn to oem specs. Any ideas, (i hate to drop it off at the dealer for a day , and yes this is on an 08 Titan Pro4x BT CC .

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
mine does the samething. I drove with it saying 0 miles on it and I drove another 30 miles until I put 22 gals in it.

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
The difference is known as the reserve. You and everyone else get to drive about 30-60 miles after you get to E on the gauge. Even with the Nav System and the trip computers, when it says 0 miles to empty or ***, you can still go about 30 or more miles. The most I have ever been able to put into the tank after seeing the *** was 24.5 gallons which means I still have about 3 gallons left available. Will that gas reach the engine? I doubt it, but then again, I am not about to test it to find out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts