Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive spent about an hour reading the other threads on the faulty fuel gauges or sending units that dont register the correct amount of fuel. mine has been doing it for a while and now its just plain annoying. today i filled up, yes till the gas poured out of the tank, and my needle sat between the 1/2 mark and the 3/4 mark doing nothing. drove about ten miles home and the needle didnt move at all. before i take it in to the dealer next week, is there anything i can do to fix the problem like reset the computer or something. i keep reading about the sending units being replaced and then just acting up again later down the road. just seems like a waist of time at the dealer and probably be out of a truck for a few days. any suggestions?:crying:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have an 06 that has a similiar issue. Its intermittent so the dealer won't fix it since they haven't seen it for themselves. When its working it appears to be fine but sometimes it reads empty when I have a anywhere from a 1/4 of a tank to full and sometimes it reads half when its full.

The service manager told me that there are rumors that Nissan will be coming out with a recall for the sending unit. For now I have to live with it until it happens again. They did tell me that I could come in anytime it happens again and they will have someone look at it right away. Since I go by there on my way to work its not too much of an inconvience.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i work about ten minutes, walking distance, from my dealer. the only problem is that they work reeeeeaaaallllyy slow. it takes them about four hours to do an oil change even though i leave the truck there before they open, but hey, theyre free for three years. i just dont want to be out of a truck for days. to have the sending unit replaced with the same brand unit again. thats why it seems like a waist of time. any idea on how long before we get a recall on the units?

·
Registered
38 Posts
No, they just said it was a rumor. I hope it is true and it happens soon. I had mine in the other day for the rear door wire harness recall and I was hoping it would act up so they could replace. My dealer is pretty good about giving a loaner car while they do the work so I don't have to wait around which really annoys me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts