Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people...

I have read on some other forums a little about fuel milage on the Titan. Apparently nobody is getting anywhere near what the "EPA Estimated MPG" says the Titan should get (19 miles per gallon). :crying:

I am VERY curious what everyone here is getting for mileage. Is that estimate a bunch of bull, or is SOMEBODY getting close to 19???? Let's hear it!

sdkid

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
If we were all out running strict freeway driving at 55-65 MPH then the truck will get close to that number. But, myself included, my driving is a mixed bag of freeway and city driving to include 40mins of sitting in under 10-15mph traffic. My overall is right at 16MPG and there is just under 10k on the truck now.

Chris

·
Registered
9 Posts
RED BRAWN SE CC said:
Just 1200 mi on my 4x2 CC and I'm getting 15 mpg overall.

I have a 4x4 cc and I was getting 11mph I installed the banks and I get 12.9 and thats mostly country driving in pa.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
15 mpg or so sounds pretty common. I have heard that mileage is expected to improve as engines mature beyond 12,000 miles--??? Any truth to that?

I was looking at a Titan, but gas here in Southern CA (Murrieta--almost neighbors with ya Chris!) is sitting at $2.23 and I was a little disheartened to see nobody was really hitting that mileage estimate. That and I'm used to 22+ mpg running 80mph on the I-15 in my little Nissan King Cab. Don't think that's gonna happen with a Titan, but it's time to get a real truck! :bouncy: I probably need to adjust my thinking--you just don't buy this truck to get good mileage--RIGHT?? :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
sdkid said:
Hey people...

I have read on some other forums a little about fuel milage on the Titan. Apparently nobody is getting anywhere near what the "EPA Estimated MPG" says the Titan should get (19 miles per gallon). :crying:

I am VERY curious what everyone here is getting for mileage. Is that estimate a bunch of bull, or is SOMEBODY getting close to 19???? Let's hear it!

sdkid
I drove about a 1500 mile road trip soon as I bought it and averaged ~16.5 driving mostly highway from 65-85 mph. Going 60-65 or 75-80 had no impact on mileage. Best tank was 17.8. 2wd CC. Now in city/mixed driving I get ~15

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have an SE 4x2 CC with 4000 miles No big tow or Off Road. I do a mix of city and highway and have yet to get over 14 MPG. I am between 13.4 and 13.7 MPG on every tank. I drive very conservative (at or under 2000 RPM and right around 65-70 MPG).

·
Registered
727 Posts
sdkid said:
Hey people...

sdkid
19.3 Here.

That mileage figure you quote should be attributed to freeway travel & that number for me is accurate. Also consider mileage typically improves with time, I’m convinced I’ll see 20mpg on the h-way with a little more time on the clock

Conditions & Variables: 3000 miles on KC/LE, FL, AC on, 40psi in the tires, 89gas, bed cover, Banks exhaust. 287 miles 14.9 gallons constant 70mph.

My last true observed H.way was sans bed cover & exhaust @ 2000 miles on the odo or so = 18.3 with only some AC use.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
sdkid said:
15 mpg or so sounds pretty common. I have heard that mileage is expected to improve as engines mature beyond 12,000 miles--??? Any truth to that?

I was looking at a Titan, but gas here in Southern CA (Murrieta--almost neighbors with ya Chris!) is sitting at $2.23 and I was a little disheartened to see nobody was really hitting that mileage estimate. That and I'm used to 22+ mpg running 80mph on the I-15 in my little Nissan King Cab. Don't think that's gonna happen with a Titan, but it's time to get a real truck! :bouncy: I probably need to adjust my thinking--you just don't buy this truck to get good mileage--RIGHT?? :D
SD,

Hiya nieghbor! Well I think 15-16 for sure with a 2wd w/off-road and Big-Tow in my case. But, driving down the 15 to san diego I am anywhere from 90mph down to a crawl for 40 mins.

And correct...we don't buy these bad boys for gas milage, otherwise we would all be driving Prius (sp) hybrids. :jester:

Chris

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
i read somewhere, where it said that the titan was getting an average of 19mpg but that the EPA tests were based off of the titan going an average speed of 40mph. i can see that as being a little more accurate... BTW $52.00 duckets to fill the filthy, thirsty son of a beast... damn, oh well can't complain cause i love the damn thing so much, that i don't give a whole helluva hoot...
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
I picked up my Titan with 12 miles on it in SC* and drove it about 500 miles to LA** averaging 15mpg. I average a bit better after the flowmaster, but not much, perhaps 16-16.5. I have a hard time keeping my foot off the pedal around town, so I think I can actually watch the fuel needle drop as a I drive.

*not southern california
**lower alabama

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
hey guys i just observed roughly 15 mpg at all city and mtn driving in my 4x4 cc big tow and off road. i think it may get better if i have a truxedo installed. not to bad, wish i could find an electric fan that would work but the way everythings set up it would be hard to find one that would turn enough cfms for this beast and fit correctly

·
Registered
104 Posts
Milage

I have tracked the milage since buying the truck, I am at 2,500 miles. I have a 2wd CC with big tow. On the highway at 60 - 75 mph I run 15 - 16 mpg. In town at 20 - 35 mph with many stops and starts on short trips I run about 11 - 12 mpg. Towing a light (3,500#) boat at 50 - 65 mph I get about 13.5 mpg.

I see others getting MUCH better milage than me. Some may be the KC versus CC, but I cannot explain all the difference.

I have always understood the EPA numbers were under ideal and not realistic conditions, and were OK to compare vehicle to vehicle, but unrealistic for the driver to obtain.

·
Registered
46 Posts
2004 SE KC Offroad and Tow pkg No tonneau (yet) 2400 miles. Bought it with 7 miles. Color is Sedona (not that it matters, I just love the color) Mixed driving. I dont drive it hard. I NEVER really put my foot in it during the breakin (1200) miles.
I started at 10 mpg and last night, calculated 13.23mpg on 87 octane. I am hoping this will continue to go up.
hope this helps,
chek6

·
Registered
49 Posts
CHEK6 said:
2004 SE KC Offroad and Tow pkg No tonneau (yet) 2400 miles. Bought it with 7 miles. Color is Sedona (not that it matters, I just love the color) Mixed driving. I dont drive it hard. I NEVER really put my foot in it during the breakin (1200) miles.
I started at 10 mpg and last night, calculated 13.23mpg on 87 octane. I am hoping this will continue to go up.
hope this helps,
chek6
You're the only other person I've seen that has had 10MPG. I have an LE KC 4X4 Off Road and Big Tow. I've got 1350 miles on it right now and haven't ever got above 10.5MPG. I am very easy on the gas pedal and pretty much all the miles are city (except for some freeway miles taking it to the dealer). Is there any hope that it will get better?

·
Registered
50 Posts
The only time I see 10 MPG is when I'm towing a 4,000 lb fully-loaded trailer and passing people at 75 MPH (with the trailer attached). Other than that, it is usually around 16 MPG (mixed driving). Didn't "baby" it during the 1,200 mile break-in period. Drove it like I am now... Figured 3 years or 36,000 miles would be plenty of time if there was something seriously wrong with the design of the drivetrain. I bought the truck for work purposes, and have been pleasantly surprised with how much nicer it is driving and towing compared to the Big-3. Never would I have thought that I'd be in the left lane passing people while towing a 2-ton, dual-axle trailer. Nothing aggressive, just nice to not be in everyone else's way driving up and down the highway :hungry:

Vehicle Specs:
Delivered on March 15th (Factory order placed on Feb 7th)
2,225 miles on King Cab LE w/NAV and aftermarket DVD/TV Tuner
First oil change (free from dealer) 10 days later at 1,000 miles
4x4, Off-Road, Big Tow
36 PSI all the way around

·
Registered
211 Posts
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I've kept track of every tank. Lowest ever was 14.5 mpg, but lately I'm consistantly at 16-16.5 mpg, 70/30 hiway/city. I've got 3500 miles on a KC LE 4wd with no tow package. I don't do much hot-rodding, but I don't really light-foot it, either. It's pretty rare that anyone has to pass me, I'm usually the one hauling *** in the left lane. Now, having said that...I only wish that when some of these left-lane-huggers see me in their rear view mirror, they'd move the hell over!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've got an SE Crew Cab, 4X4 Off Road and Big Tow 3600 miles, and have gotten between 12.5 and 15, depending. I'm about to put on the Truxedo cover and I'm hoping to pick up an MPG or so that way. Anyone know what kind of difference to expect after the cover goes on??

Here in Massachusetts I can get gas for about $1.68 a gallon. I really feel for you guys in CA. Ouch!

·
Registered
53 Posts
CC LE 4x2 with big tow and Banks exhaust, 2800 miles, about 70/30 hwy(usually about 70-75mph)/city driving - getting about 16.5mpg and I have a heavy foot . . .

1 - 20 of 60 Posts