Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.... so I replaced the fuel pump about 18 months ago, and now truck cranks but won’t start. I ran through diagnostics, checked the relays everything’s working.
lifetime warranty on the pump so I replaced it last night. Same issue. cranks forever, no start. No codes and itdoesn’t sound like the fuel pump is clicking on.
Any chance the replacement pump is bad too???
about ready to go trade it in on an Xd Cummins.... or maybe I’m just frustrated..
Any other thought?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Is it OEM? Many have had issues with after market parts only to buy the OEM and it work fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s an O’Reilly’s. I put one in 2013 from autozone with a 1 year warranty. It lasted until 2018 when I replaced it with a lifetime warranty from O’Reilly.
put a new one in last night and it doesn’t sound like it’s engaging.

·
Premium Member
19,160 Posts
My brother is a mechanic for a living. He now avoids non-OEM fuel pumps at all costs.

I'm saying that the fuel pump is the problem though. Be sure to check all the fuses/relays. Also, try a different key. There have been reports of the chip in the key going bad and the truck failing to start.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hadn’t thought of the key issue.... I’m using my spare that’s aftermarket.... wouldn’t a security light come I. If that we’re the case?

·
Premium Member
19,160 Posts
Hadn’t thought of the key issue.... I’m using my spare that’s aftermarket.... wouldn’t a security light come I. If that we’re the case?
I think it's one of those "fails silently" security measures.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, new fuel pump in but it’s definitely not getting fuel. Pulled the line by the engine and nothing.
tried swapping relays. Nothing.
I have the white IPDM board.... does that mean replace it? I’m totally stumped here...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a 06 titan it is getting to where it wont open up so I went to check fuel filter. it's in the pump so does that mean I need a new pump and if so do I have to go back with the flex fuel one. ANYONE GOT INPUT?

·
Premium Member
19,160 Posts
Usually, when you replace one, you replace both. If you can find just the filter, maybe that would work. But as long as you're going through the effort to remove the pump, you might as well replace it.

It's probably not the filter. A friend was having problems with his '07 Armada when towing over mountain passes. After replacing the pump he had no problems.

Go OEM on this. You don't want to have to do it again due to a crappy aftermarket pump.

·
Registered
177 Posts
06 titan it is getting to where it wont open up
Do you mean that if you floor it, it hesitates and wont downshift, or perhaps wont go past 2200 rpm?
Miles?
How are your A/F/02 sensors?
Your is your exhaust system intact or does it have holes?
Is your charcoal/evap canister purge valve properly functioning?
How old are:
Ignition coils?
Plugs?
Oil?
ATF?

if its running fine otherwise, its likely not your fuel pump.

·
Premium Member
19,160 Posts
Do you mean that if you floor it, it hesitates and wont downshift, or perhaps wont go past 2200 rpm?
Miles?
How are your A/F/02 sensors?
Your is your exhaust system intact or does it have holes?
Is your charcoal/evap canister purge valve properly functioning?
How old are:
Ignition coils?
Plugs?
Oil?
ATF?

if its running fine otherwise, its likely not your fuel pump.
While all that is possible, it could still be the fuel pump that can't keep up at higher output.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah it will down shift. it will make the whole truck jerk like its not getting enough fuel and I will let out of it and ease back into the gas and it will spuder and go on. I am no mechanic I didnt know that there where so many different things it could be thanks.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yeah it will down shift. it will make the whole truck jerk like its not getting enough fuel and I will let out of it and ease back into the gas and it will spuder and go on. I am no mechanic I didnt know that there where so many different things it could be thanks.
if you are in park or neutral, can you gas it to like 4k rpm? I bet you can. I bet you can hold it there with no issues either...meaning your fuel pump is having no problems getting whatever fuel your truck asks for.

im willing to bet that you have a failing or failed exhaust system component.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts